Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What happened to Hoodoo Gurus?

Solved!

What happened to Hoodoo Gurus?

Does anyone know what happened to Hoodoo Gurus catalogue?  It used to be there, I even made a playlist from some of it but a couple of months ago it all disappeared

Any clues?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They put two live albums on Spotify starting back in Sept I think for a few months.  Today they have both disappeared as well. So once again there is no Hoodoos on Spotify. Back in Feb 2016 Hoodoos said on their facebook page

"Spotify pays the artists and songwriters too little for their work, so we're silently protesting by withholding our music."

So you can decide for yourself whether this is caused by Hoodoos or Spotify not coming to the table to reach an agreement. I even joined Apple Music temporarily to see if I could access their music, as you get a free trial. As soon as I joined only their 2 old live albums were available free and everything else you needed to buy. $15 an album or $2 a song.

I remember David Byrne/Talking Heads complaining about the low payout on Spotify. Yes I agree, it is not a lot, but it's the way of the world now. You are either online or you will just get forgotten about. All of David Byrne/Talking Heads is available now. Geez look at Mr Bowie, absolutely embraced it... 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I know this thread is two years old but the Hoodoos are still missing from Spotify 😞

Spoiler
wish Hoodoos were back!! "I want you back"

Baby come back! (Do do doo do)

The same hapened with me! I can see several links with their name at Spotify but no music available.... It was ok two month ago!

Any new restriction for regions or other?

No clue of what could be the issue.... (Yet)

Marked as solution

They put two live albums on Spotify starting back in Sept I think for a few months.  Today they have both disappeared as well. So once again there is no Hoodoos on Spotify. Back in Feb 2016 Hoodoos said on their facebook page

"Spotify pays the artists and songwriters too little for their work, so we're silently protesting by withholding our music."

So you can decide for yourself whether this is caused by Hoodoos or Spotify not coming to the table to reach an agreement. I even joined Apple Music temporarily to see if I could access their music, as you get a free trial. As soon as I joined only their 2 old live albums were available free and everything else you needed to buy. $15 an album or $2 a song.

I remember David Byrne/Talking Heads complaining about the low payout on Spotify. Yes I agree, it is not a lot, but it's the way of the world now. You are either online or you will just get forgotten about. All of David Byrne/Talking Heads is available now. Geez look at Mr Bowie, absolutely embraced it... 

Thanks for the feedback!
Br,
Andrea

Similar situation on Apple Music, they have all their music on there but it's $2 per song or $14 per album...

I still think about this all the time 😞 

darn I remember listening to them heaps on Spotify years ago 😞

They’re back!!!!!

Back with even more albums now!! Amazing.

Suggested posts