Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What happened to SYD BARRETT?

What happened to SYD BARRETT?

I had a nice Syd Barrett playlist. His Floyd stuff is still up there, but his solo albums and "An Introduction to Syd Barrett" are all gone.

Maybe the request of his estate? I don't know who owns the rights to his songs now. Its just always a bummer to look for something you expect to be there and then its gone.

2 Replies

@hamandeggs22

When these sort of things happens, it's usually by request of the artists or their record companies.

I don't think Spotify has much to do about it. 😕

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @hamandeggs22 and welcome to the community,

Actually Syd Barrett's albums are partially available on Spotify. Unfortunately they are not available in the following countries :

AR AU BO BR CA CL CO CR DO EC SV GT HN HK LI MY MX NZ NI PA PY PE PH RO SG SI TW US UY

When this happens, most of times, it's a licensing problem. Licensing rules are different from a country to another which makes that some music can be available in a country and not in another. Usually, when the licensing problem is solved, the album(s) come back, sooner or later, on Spotify.

Spotify wants all the music in the world available for streaming and works hard daily to convince artists and/or their labels to offer all their catalog in streaming.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts