Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What just happened to the Star Wars soundtracks?!

What just happened to the Star Wars soundtracks?!

Okay, so if any of you are frequent listeners to the scores of john Williams, you may find it interesting to note that the soundtracks to the Star Wars film have just undergone some sort of redo on Spotify. The expanded versions of the soundtracks no longer show up when you do a search. Instead they have been replaced by what appear to be re-issues (2017) of the original double-LP versions of the scores, with truncated cues and nowhere near all of them. Weird thing is, I can still find the previous expanded versions via my previously-existing playlist of them, but the song selection has been whittled in half. That to say, half the songs are greyed out, and give the ol' "This track cannot be played" message.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

9 Replies

I noticed the same thing! I was really upset about this and was scouring the internet for a solution but came up empty handed 😕 The Battle of Endor will never be the same without Parts II and III. Little stuff like this makes me want to go back to Apple Music..

It makes me glad I have the CD's, but still, I'll miss having them readily
available via the ol' internets. Oh well, first world problem, I suppose.

I just realized mysefl also. I was searching on my SW playlist and found there where only about 4 o 5 ROTJ themes on it. Quite disappointing. I'll keep the "Victory Celebration" from the old album (it's still avalaible) instead of "Ewok Celebration".

It's also kind of fun to have 'Lapti Nek' back again!

Yeah, that one is great. Makes me remember of ol' Battlefront 2.

I'm devastated; especially on May the 4th.. they took The Hologram/Binary Sunset! That's just low. 

Does someone know why this happened? It's been quite some time and the whole soundtrack of TFA is missing...

Hey @Everyone,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

The songs you don't see on your end have a strict relation to licensing agreements. This depends on the artist or the right holders of said content to have it available or not. On our end, we'll be working in order to get more and more content to the platform (if an agreement is reached with said right holders). 

Lastly, remember you can get in touch with the artist of the content you like through their Social Media (if needed).

The Community is here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers! 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

It’s a damn shame they never fixed or put all of those amazing songs back on Spotify. Just watched ROTJ for first time only to find that the actual songs I liked during the movie are only available on YouTube. 

Suggested posts