Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When an album of 10 songs comes up as just 4

When an album of 10 songs comes up as just 4

Search for John Cougar (Mellencamp) albums. See that 'American Fool' has 10 songs. Click through to it but find just 4 songs!

Searching for some of the missing ones sometimes turns up a match, but likely a live version on a different album.

What is going on?

Thanks,

~Andrew~

(Premium Family Subscriber)

Screenshot_20180401-203825.jpg
Screenshot_20180401-203904.jpg
9 Replies

Hi @AndrewRH and im sorry to hear that you've got issues.

I searched for the album on the desktop app and i found 10 songs in it as the album said, I'm sure its just a small bug on the type of app/version you are using, try update the app if its available, if you can't update or the problem is still there i would gladly want to now the type of device and what version on spotify you are on and i will report the bug if you want.

Greetings Viktor 

Screenshot 2018-04-01 at 22.11.49.png

Cheers for the quick reply Viktor.

I am using the Android app on my Samsung S7 phone. No update available. Screenshot attached showing version info.

Best wishes,

~Andrew~

Screenshot_20180401-213341.jpg
Screenshot_20180401-213429.png

Thanks again, I will report the bug you found and I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Cheers Viktor

Cheers! Thanks.

Best wishes,

~Andrew~

Further info on the issue..

Just tried accessing the album on the web. For me, I can play just the ones that are shown in bold type (these correspond to the ones that I can see on my Android mobile app). The other ones (no.4 through no.9) do not show a play icon when I hover mouse over them; and when I add them to the queue, they do not play (instead the last song in the album is played - one which is in bold).

~Andrew~

Spotify - American Fool on web - in queue but not play.jpg
Spotify - American Fool on web - only bold songs can be played.jpg

Hi again, just more and more problems i see and thanks for the helpfull info you've gathered.

I'll take this into the bug report also, the only thing i can think about right now is probably some kind of location issue thats specific to you or something like that, though i could play all the songs and saw no problems. 

Cheers Viktor

Hi all, I have had this problem for years on Spotify, used various devices, PC, iPhone, ipad etc, always updating versions on Spotify

This album has always had these tracks greyed out.

is there a solution?

Hi @AndrewRH!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The availability of songs on Spotify can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify add new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime you can submit your music requests here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh... 

Hey Stapletongas! 

There are a few reasons for why this could happen. If an album isn’t available in your part of the world, but you click on a direct link to it, the songs will appear greyed out. This means that they’re not available for playback where you are. This isn’t up to Spotify, it’s usually the label or the artist who decides these things.

Please give kudos below if you found my answer helpful!

Suggested posts