When an album of 10 songs comes up as just 4

Highlighted

When an album of 10 songs comes up as just 4

AndrewRH
Regular

Search for John Cougar (Mellencamp) albums. See that 'American Fool' has 10 songs. Click through to it but find just 4 songs!

Searching for some of the missing ones sometimes turns up a match, but likely a live version on a different album.

What is going on?

Thanks,

~Andrew~

(Premium Family Subscriber)

Screenshot_20180401-203825.jpg
Screenshot_20180401-203904.jpg
6 Replies

Re: When an album of 10 songs comes up as just 4

viktorroden
Music Fan

Hi @AndrewRH and im sorry to hear that you've got issues.

I searched for the album on the desktop app and i found 10 songs in it as the album said, I'm sure its just a small bug on the type of app/version you are using, try update the app if its available, if you can't update or the problem is still there i would gladly want to now the type of device and what version on spotify you are on and i will report the bug if you want.

Greetings Viktor 

Screenshot 2018-04-01 at 22.11.49.png
1 person liked this

AndrewRH
Regular

Cheers for the quick reply Viktor.

I am using the Android app on my Samsung S7 phone. No update available. Screenshot attached showing version info.

Best wishes,

~Andrew~

Screenshot_20180401-213341.jpg
Screenshot_20180401-213429.png
1 person liked this

viktorroden
Music Fan

Thanks again, I will report the bug you found and I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Cheers Viktor

1 person liked this

AndrewRH
Regular

Cheers! Thanks.

Best wishes,

~Andrew~

1 person liked this

AndrewRH
Regular

Further info on the issue..

Just tried accessing the album on the web. For me, I can play just the ones that are shown in bold type (these correspond to the ones that I can see on my Android mobile app). The other ones (no.4 through no.9) do not show a play icon when I hover mouse over them; and when I add them to the queue, they do not play (instead the last song in the album is played - one which is in bold).

~Andrew~

Spotify - American Fool on web - in queue but not play.jpg
Spotify - American Fool on web - only bold songs can be played.jpg

viktorroden
Music Fan

Hi again, just more and more problems i see and thanks for the helpfull info you've gathered.

I'll take this into the bug report also, the only thing i can think about right now is probably some kind of location issue thats specific to you or something like that, though i could play all the songs and saw no problems. 

Cheers Viktor

SUGGESTED POSTS