Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When will the lyrics update be finished???

Solved!

When will the lyrics update be finished???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! I understand you. The lyrics feature is currently being improved and worked on. A specific date has not being mentioned, Spotify has a true passion for music and a genuine aim at providing the most tailored selection and user-friendly features; a solution will surely be provided. If you would like to vote for the lyrics feature, you could do so here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Music-Please-bring-back-the-Lyrics-Feature-Singi...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@iremixed

Hello:

If you really want lyrics back, there is the desktop MusiXmatch app now in beta, you can find it here http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4b1d896682cf4cf0f839571b6&id=ddd487dada&e=0c2d19a218 The MusiXmatch service decided to go with it's own self contained apps to be used for other music services other than just Spotify.

Marked as solution

Agreed they've taken my three favorite features away since I started to pay for it in 2014. They are all talk and no action. And after observing multiple post and empty promises of them I can fullheartedly agree that they indeed couldn't care less what their customers think.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

47 Replies

Hey @thoseadventures

Spotify has not given an estimated date.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's probably why he's asking 😛

P.S. I'd appreciate an update as well.

The missing lyrics feature is frustrating.

I also want the lyrics back!

look at this link To find out why spotify's "lyrics update" is still going 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7392812/lyrics-spotify-musixmatch-gone-for-now

They're ending the partnership with Musixmatch which was providing the lyrics on spotify

i need it!!

I literallty signed up to musixmatch the day before the lyrics stopped working -_- Typical. Humming is not the same!!!

Come On Spotify, Kiss and make up with MusixMatch.  Think of all the misheard/missung lyrics.

The Police ‘massage in a brothel’

Whitney Houston ‘Cos I’m shaving off my **bleep** for you’

Johnny Nash ‘I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone’  etc etc

I can't cope without the lyrics

Im happy they breaking ties with Musixmatch. Lyrics on there where pretty unreliable. I hope they team up with Genius which they are doing already on mobile. Would be much much better!

Spotify has removed the lyrics function from across its platforms, due to them breaking ties with Musixmatch. I think they should activate an option where we can input the lyrics to the songs. Everything is on google so we can just copy paste it in somewhere. #justsaying 

Genius is great on the mobile, it shows you info. that helps

if the next month dont have lyric i go to google music they have lyrics 🙂

And I'm gonna to Deezer.. They have Lyrics as well haha

Is there any other streaming service that have lyrics? Then i will cancel my premium and start any other service that have lyrics on screen 

Deezer has 😉

**bleep**

and is nice 🙂 , bye spotify you suck ! , you breakup with musicmath and lose a 2 years client

free.png

Me too haha

Suggested posts