Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When will the lyrics update be finished???

Solved!

When will the lyrics update be finished???

47 Replies
Marked as solution

@iremixed

Hello:

If you really want lyrics back, there is the desktop MusiXmatch app now in beta, you can find it here http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4b1d896682cf4cf0f839571b6&id=ddd487dada&e=0c2d19a218 The MusiXmatch service decided to go with it's own self contained apps to be used for other music services other than just Spotify.

Come on Spotify it's been what, eight months now. Instead of "updating" the lyrics feature you've just removed it. Just give everyone what they want. 

Probably never lol. They honestly couldn't care less about taking features away from paying customers while getting the same amount of money from them.

Marked as solution

Agreed they've taken my three favorite features away since I started to pay for it in 2014. They are all talk and no action. And after observing multiple post and empty promises of them I can fullheartedly agree that they indeed couldn't care less what their customers think.

Thanks im using it for some time now. Its okay. But im srsly wondering why we are getting no update at all at this. Like others have said i really think Spotify gives a **** about this. 

I don't understand why its so hard to negotiate a Deal with Genius for example. As they are already teaming up on mobile with them.

Well whatever alteast its working a bit. The relaunch of the Lyrics feature will probably take longer than the development of duken nukem forever 😉

..but they atleast released it. and gave updates

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Are you planning to add back the "sync lyrics yourself" feature too?

Hi @-mirh-,

Thank you for reaching out!

For now, we don't have plans to add this feature. However, we recommend searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested that so you can add your vote.

If there aren't any ideas about it, you can add your own so others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts