Where is December, 1963????

Highlighted

Where is December, 1963????

aisteinberg
Casual Listener

Hello all,

I love Spotify more than anything in this world. But just today, I discovered that, for the first time in my 4 years of use, Spotify has let me down. I don't know when it happened, I don't know how it happened, but Spotify took down the DELIGHTFUL BANGER DECEMBER, 1963 (OH WHAT A NIGHT) and I am more than mad about it. I am hurt, crushed, disappointed, infuriated and POSITIVELY FUMING. This is hands down one of my favorite songs of all time and it reminds me of so many good moments in my life! How am I ever supposed to remember those good moments again if I can't have this song on every single playlist that I create? BRING IT BACK SPOTIFY! PLEASE! I BEG YOU!

Sincerely,

Anya--a concerned community member

19 Replies

Re: Where is December, 1963????

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey @aisteinberg

Actually it hasn't been taken down, here it is :)

https://open.spotify.com/track/7ePFDzrnLt3Ynqgy2UFWri?si=uHtrz_9-RMuxJlj3LVmEig

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

jungin17
Casual Listener

Actually it has been taken down/removed!  Do NOT mark as solved, good sir! The link may still be available but the track is unplayable, including other versions on other albums.  The entirety of "The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Fortunes" is all still playable save the ONE ultimate feel good tune!

I am also FURIOUS and HURT and DISAPPOINTED in Spotify for letting such a wonderful song slip away into the forgotten ether of removed tracks.  Bring it back!!

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
I can assure you it’s available. Please try using other devices, and/or logging out/back in to see if it works for you :)

BittencourtRock Star 21

jungin17
Casual Listener

And I can assure you that it is not.  I have logged in/out multiple times on multiple devices, (iphone, laptop, desktop, and both application and web browser player), and the song is still unplayable.  The only version I can find of the song is an acappella version recorded by a church choir. 

More confusingly, multiple songs are missing from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons' albums yet the albums still present themselves as completely playable.  (For example, "The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons" is a 20 track album, however on Spotify's version only 11 songs are present and playable.)

Please don't lie to me and say that the song is there when I have already tried so hard to find it. :(  Check your link too, because I am unable to open it from any of my devices/platforms and am at a loss

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Alright @jungin17 and @aisteinberg, please let me know in which country are you, since the songs availability may vary from one to another.

For example, The Very Best Of Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons is currently available in the following countries:

AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CA CH CL CO CR CY CZ DEDK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HU ID IE IS IT JPLI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PYSE SG SK SV TH TR TW US UY VN

BittencourtRock Star 21

stegokitty
Casual Listener

To be furious, hurt(?), and dissapointed with Spotify for the song not being available is a bit misguided. Spotify acts in compliance with the will of the copyright owner(s). In this case, it could very well be that they have chosen to not make the song available in this context. They might change their mind at some future point, or not. That is their right.

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Exactly, @stegokitty

BittencourtRock Star 21

Northcourt
  • I am in Pennsylvania in the US and I also am unable to listen to December 1963 (Oh what a Night). It’s as if the song was completely deleted. 

Struggles13
Music Fan

Not available in Michigan 

SUGGESTED POSTS