Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

What is going on with this site? Every time I open it up more and more albums are dropped? What are you guys doing over there? You call this a music site, and yet everytime I look for something I like, it was either removed or just not there!

Get with the program guys, or you'll be history by next year.

This has to STOP! Get the music we love, and not these crappy bands you put on here!

One last note, you switched up players on me again? Can you at least give a heads up!

By the way, this version SUCKS!

7 Replies

Hey @artful_dodger59

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@artful_dodger59 @MattSuda, I agree with Dodger: whatever the issue, an album that turned 30 this month and was a multi-platinum seller shouldn't drop from Spotify at all, under no circumstance. How is it the band's best-selling albums have been removed?

It'd be better if you specifically answered why they were removed rather than provide the ambiguous answer given here. Spotify knows exactly why these albums dropped from the catalog. You should just come clean and tell us why and whose fault it is.

Obviously, you don't want all the worlds music because there are too many great songs and artists missing which other sites have! I won't mention these sites because I know how you guys from Spotify get **bleep** hurt.

It's really frustrating when you make a playlist and add a song, and the next time you go to play it the song turns up missing.

Get your act together guys and let's get some music on here!

These explanations you're giving are starting to get tiring!

It seriously is almost comical when one of the forum "Rock Stars" responds to a content question with the same old form response like the one Matt Suda gave above.  In fact, I'd say that almost 100% of Matt Suda's posts here are replies to content questions with that EXACT SAME inane text.  And he's not the only one.  It's like they are TRYING to insult our intelligence at this point.

Of course they know specifics.  Of course they know details of exactly why some content or other was removed, especially when we're dealing with multi-platinum albums like this one.  But for some reason it's "policy" not to share that information, even though they obviously know it.  The response is "contact the label or the artist," even though that's virtually impossible to do and they know it.

It's only when a removal makes big press (like Prince or Tay-Tay, both of whom have since returned) that they are forced to give explanations because...well...because everybody in the world notices it.

There has still been no explanation of the Andy Gibb disappearance in January.  Or the Toni Basil disappearance.  Or that of the Robbie Dupree 1980 album (although I have documented evidence that Dupree himself wants it there and the album master reverted to him last month from Warner--for whatever reason it's still not there).

Seriously, the form response above is beyond ridiculous at that point, and whoever posts the next version of that text to some new user who is too green to know it's a form text meant to stonewall and pass the buck really should be called out on it.

The Whitesnake 1987 album just celebrated its 30th anniversary.  This is big.  Probably some reissue is coming, but the content was deleted beforehan, leaving a time gap.  Who knows when it will be available again.  Unless someone has a direct line to David Coverdale (which nobody does), we'll never know since Spotify will never tell us.

And guess what.  You know that we know that Daniel Ek knows EXACTLY why this content is removed.  In pretty much every case.  The policy of witholding information except in the big press cases you can't avoid is absurd and just has to stop.

Well, that makes me feel better knowing that someone else noticed they dropped Toni Basil.  😃

Yet, they have live versions of the songs I want. Makes you shake your head and wonder. Stop back peddling Spotify and get the songs and the albums on here!

Update:

The 1987 Whitesnake album appears to have been made available again.

The Slip of the Tongue album is still not available, however.

Suggested posts