Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why are songs and albums suddenly unavailable?

Why are songs and albums suddenly unavailable?

Periphery songs/albums suddenly became unavailable for me. Just wondering why that is.

11 Replies

Hey @irvingpino7, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Are the songs you’re referring to greyed out? Have you tried force quitting the app? Also, let me know the device this happens on, as well as the software version.

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I noticed this also. Why are songs not available within an Album. I mean if you're going to provide access to a whole album why would some of the songs be dimmed out? Doesn't make sense.

Also noticed this within a playlist that Spotify created for me based on an Artist.

Windows 10 2004

1.1.39.612.g1e7e78a4 (Microsoft Store version)

Sometimes spotify loses licenses to certain songs or artists can requests for certain songs to be unavailable. In your case I would guess that you have a low connection but you have some of the songs cached on your device which may cause it to only allow those songs to play.

Hey @jasonv59,

Spotify wants all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. There is some more information on this here

@irvingpino7, If you’re experiencing the same thing - read the info above ^

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the info Billy.

I'm beginning to think this is a big problem for users who rely on streaming music services to provide consistent access to music they love. I'm from the old school of purchasing music where I owned the license to use it. Straight streaming (I.E. renting music) is a bit new to me. Paying a fee for streaming music services should be treated the same way. As long as users have that track in their playlist it should not be removed from the service.

Some songs are suddenly disappeared because those songs are not allowed to listen by its owner. 

If the album is disapperd,you can try to search the artist discography 

Thank you for the response Amanda. I understand why the tracks are disappearing, but I'm questioning the ethics behind it. I think it's wrong that music distributors (maybe artist) are allowed to remove music whenever they want since we payed to listen to it a month in advance. It's like renting something for a month and then having it taken away 1/2 a month into the contract. I cannot find anything on this site which describes in detail the subscribers access rights to content.

I suggest you to read user agreement of spotify premium. I think that you will be found your answer there. 

When you pay for a subscription on Spotify you are not paying for the music you are paying for the permission to listen music and they can take that away at any time with no notice. It's very common not just on Spotify but on other services like with digital game stores like Steam and Epic Games Store, or video streaming services like Netflix and Hulu. The only end all be all solution around it is to buy music on a physical medias like CDs or vinyl records from an external source. And many artists prefer physical media to digital media such as Tool and Jack White.

Hey, @irvingpino7!

This problem can happen for various reasons. Tracks may not be available in Your country by the author's decision. You should also try reinstalling the app. If that's not the problem, you can contact Spotify support

I hope that You will be able to solve this problem as soon as possible!

yes!!! one of my albums does this for all but like 3 of my songs now!! how do i get my faves back?  please help!!! it happens on my iphone 15 and on my desktop computer  same album and same songs!  I want them back!

Suggested posts