Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why are there so many duplicate artists and albums on Spotify?

Why are there so many duplicate artists and albums on Spotify?

Two photos are attached  I dare you to try to find the one with 55k followers.. you can't. The only reason I have it is because I followed this band a long, long time ago. I took both screenshots today, seconds apart. 

This is the case for so many albums and so many artists. They appear to be duplicates, but in fact they have a completely unique URL when you copy a link to the album.

What is going on here? This is super frustrating, because when you go to the artist to view the albums it will say you don't have certain albums saved but in fact you do.

Photo Nov 02, 18 12 16.png
Photo Nov 02, 18 12 30.png
2 Replies

I came here to post the same issue with The Duke and the King. The artist has two pages with one album on one page and the rest of the discography on the other page.

@ACAx1985xx

Hello:

Can you provide both url artist page links here in this post, also users can use this post thread here on how to report artist pages like this, so they can be merged: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Want-to-help-report-metadata-errors-Post-here/m-p... . There are a few reasons how things like this happened. Different content providers with access to the music licenses from the artist made different artist pages when the Spotify service first started, A good many of these artist pages have been corrected, sadly some have not with millions of artists and billions of music tracks takes a long time to correct all of these issues like this. If you notice in your image screen shots, one has a blue circle with a white check mark this is to note a verified artist page. But if there is content on the other duplicate artist page not showing on the verified artist page reporting the issue using the instructions in the thread posted above can help to get this issue fixed.

Suggested posts