Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why can't i choose this song?

Solved!

Why can't i choose this song?

Spoiler
I was trying to listen to the American Satan soundtrack and I noticed that some songs can't be selected but will play eventually as the album continues to play. I looked up the song individually and it was just fine. I could choose it and listen to it. So why won't it show up properly on the album?
1508660305537-751004568.jpg
15086605272661531736102.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I’ve often had this problem too. The answer is, it occurs when a certain songs is unavailable in your country. There’s no way to fix this, sadly. I often listen to KPOP/JPOP and TWICE has the Korean versions of their songs in only avaible in Korea/Japanese. Fedreic made an album OddLoop and his newest mini album had some songs unavailable. I have tried to make a new account with my Japanese Apple ID but sadly it reckonises the location and knows where the iPhone/PC is. I haven’t tried changing it to Japanese but it’d probably still be in Australia, where I am right now. There are some songs which I enjoy too but the artist is only avaible in certain countries because rejon lock. .-. 

Lastly, you can actually see the song on Google/Internet Explorer itself but you can’t play it. You can then open the album back onto your PC to browse it but it does the same and is unavailable to download. 

Also this can occur if the user has deleted a song.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

6C0952DB-81F1-4836-AB80-96D197E69423.png
F63891D9-0C24-440B-BD8A-3543EA26F476.png
400458EF-FA60-41B4-8536-E309AF698D51.png
2 Replies

Hey @Teh_Epic_Kitty

This looks like an application hiccup. Normally the song should be either available or unavailable, not both at the same time... 🙂

I suggest trying reinstalling Spotify. This should make it work normally again.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I’ve often had this problem too. The answer is, it occurs when a certain songs is unavailable in your country. There’s no way to fix this, sadly. I often listen to KPOP/JPOP and TWICE has the Korean versions of their songs in only avaible in Korea/Japanese. Fedreic made an album OddLoop and his newest mini album had some songs unavailable. I have tried to make a new account with my Japanese Apple ID but sadly it reckonises the location and knows where the iPhone/PC is. I haven’t tried changing it to Japanese but it’d probably still be in Australia, where I am right now. There are some songs which I enjoy too but the artist is only avaible in certain countries because rejon lock. .-. 

Lastly, you can actually see the song on Google/Internet Explorer itself but you can’t play it. You can then open the album back onto your PC to browse it but it does the same and is unavailable to download. 

Also this can occur if the user has deleted a song.

Hope this helps 🙂

6C0952DB-81F1-4836-AB80-96D197E69423.png
F63891D9-0C24-440B-BD8A-3543EA26F476.png
400458EF-FA60-41B4-8536-E309AF698D51.png

Suggested posts