Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do Spotify **bleep** on their loyal customers?

Why do Spotify **bleep** on their loyal customers?

I've been using spotify for over 5 years now and it really bugs me that only new customers get the best deals, as a current customer I am always "not eligible" so i'm forced to make a new account every 3-4 months or pay double/triple what the new customers pay.

I don't understand this as it gives me no reason to keep paying for premium when I can just sign up with a new offer over and over again.

Shouldn't Spotify be trying to keep their long-time customers and offer them good deals also?

2 Replies

@Fareplay

Hello:

I am just kind of curious what kind of special offers do you feel you should get as being a long time Spotify Premium user? Might help narrow down for some ideas, a good way to sweeten the pot as one would say for long time loyal customers? What might work for a small percentage of loyal users might not be a big enough deal for a much larger group, the old saying it is almost always impossible to make everyone happy and never at all the same time.

What do you see as an added benefit of being a long time Premium Spotify user? I have been with the Spotify service almost 4 years come this September, so you must have just joined when the Spotify service was expanding just in Europe at the time? Can not image having to try and do this just like you wrote to take advantage of special offers say ever 6 months or so, as that is about the average these multiple Premium month deals come along now?

I feel that at the very least we should get access to the same deals as new customers. This would avoid the minor inconvenience of having to setup all my playlists and stations again.

Maybe some kind of loyalty discount where you pay less for every year you stay subscribed to premium. 10 pounds is just a bit ridiculous for music when you compare it to a service like Netflix whose most expensive package is only 8.99.

It's the same thing with broadband companies, I switch provider every year and pay half price then switch back and become a "new" customer again so I'm never paying more than 20 pounds a month.

Suggested posts