Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why do some playlist get shown and others not?

Why do some playlist get shown and others not?

Wondering why some playlists get shown when a key word is searched, and what makes that criteria?

Why is one of my playlists shown during a search while other playlists I have witht the same words in the title are not shown?

Example:

Christian Metalcore/Melodic is shown

Christian Metal is not shown

4 Replies

@thedrumshredder

Hello:

Not sure what is up with the search terms you are using, which Spotify app are you using when searching the mobile, desktop, or webplayer?

By the way would this be one of your playlists?

I used the desktop but even when I use mobile its the same thing. 

I guess I am wondering how the search works. With tags I would assume... So I just randomly seached Christian Metal and it showed only a few playlist (which I am sure there are many more).

It showed one of mine as well and not others.

And no that is not my playlist although I have those bands in the playlist.

This is one 🙂

spotify:user:thedrumshredder:playlist:5DKRK5lpraEoD45gJ7YHQi

@thedrumshredder

Ok just asking about the playlist. I just used the basic keyword search Christian Metal with the Spotify desktop app, and then clicked on See All for Playlists and got bunches of them as a search return. I do think the playlist returns are based on search term keywords, and the search return results are also based upon how many followers those playlists have, the more followers the higher up in the chain a playlist might appear in the keyword search return.

But by your Playlist title Everything (all Christian Metal), I can see how that might make a rather tough search return result. Trying to search for this playlist by that title gives no return results.

I would suggest that you decide on simply titles for playlists, if you wish for the playlist to show up in search term returns on the Spotify service.

Looking at the content in your playlist, you might think about changing the playlist title to something like this: Christian Metal - Collection - Vol.1. Why volume one? As Spotify users can build playlists and will finally reach a song limit of around 9 tracks per playlist, but Spotify users can build lots and lots of playlists, and so you may end up having to build another playlist like this but a Volume 2 collection sometime in the future. As you are not that far off from the 3,333 track limit when it comes to the offline device limit of Spotify content, a Volume two is close to around the corner. Anyway just a little title suggestion makes it easier for the playlist to show up in search returns is all.

Yeah I can see how the title on that could be less appealing but I was really just wondering about the process of how spotify searches these things. What is odd to me is that if yousearch Christian Metal you'll see on of my plalists (the second one up there) Christian Metalcore/Melodic but it has no followers?? Where are my other playlists if that is the case...

I appreciate your reply and effort into my questions. I am fairly new to the community

Suggested posts