Why does spotify now play videos????

Re: Why does spotify now play videos????

guihkx
Casual Listener

This is really stupid, lol. Those videos aren't even available where I live. At the very least Spotify should auto-skip such videos if they're available. Here's a video-free Rap Caviar playlist (it's not by me, and it's always auto-updated):

https://open.spotify.com/user/vincentjr/playlist/3HAbgGG3dlUR7XfvavqPp9

BlackLight0209

Spotify keeps trying to play videos in the background. Is this a glitch or does it do this for everyone? I was listening to the rapcaviar playlist on shuffle and it kept trying to play videos in the background when my phone was off and they wouldn’t play so I had to get my phone out and skip it and it was really annoying.

TigressLea
Casual Listener
That's exactly what the issue is! It's so **bleep** annoying yet they just don't
care.
I've been a paying customer for years but this attitude is making me
consider leaving.
They used to care about their customers' needs, these days they seem to
think they can force people's behaviour. I get it if it's for the free
service, but for the paying users??
I love my lists but might need to move elsewhere soon

Jay76
Casual Listener

Just do what you do best and play music. Don't need / don't want video stuff playing away. Spotify was never the main attraction, it's a fancy background radio that plays what users want. Let's not lose sight of that.

taffronaut

These videos are in Spotify curated playlists like "Your Release Radar". They burn through data, are just adds and screw up the user experience when I am just trying to listen to music in the car. Please provide the option to opt out. If Spotify is being paid to show them they are ads and have no place on premium. If they increase in frequency I'll take my subscription somewhere else.

dantebarba
Regular

Wataf are these new videos, totally annoying and not the porpuse of Spotify. If you continue with this behaviour people will just go back to iTunes or Pandora Drezzer, Tidal or whatever. 

Lately instead of providing with new cool features that users expect you just keep adding garbage. 

jonnybrady-tw
Regular

There's a way to do it, but it involves downloading an older version of Spotify.

First, uninstall the current version of Spotify.

Second, download an older version here: https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1779521

Third, install the file, then go to the play store and go to updates, select Spotify, then press the three dots at the top right corner and disable automatic updates.

tyranneous

I am happy for Spotify to add features, but why isn't there a way to turn it off? It's incredibly distracting while driving. I suspect if it continues I'll have to go elsewhere - sad really.

227wypll545b

I don't mind the videos they are a cool addition, but how they have implemented it is complete garbage and the real reason it is so annoying.
Run the video in the itty bitty area where the album art is supposed to be? Seriously?
Give NO option to hide, expand, move, the video?
Give NO options in the app preferences to allow disabling of the feature, or any control over it at all?

Force users on mobile devices to run video on data? No option to specifically control to play video on data/wifi connections?

Like come on.

Highlighted

Thompsonabc

YOU CAN TURN IT OFF

Go into settings, playback, and at the bottom there is a feature called canvas, canvas is video playing feature and you can turn it off

SUGGESTED POSTS