Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why does the Spotify algorithm punish those who get their music added to non Spotify Playlist?

Why does the Spotify algorithm punish those who get their music added to non Spotify Playlist?

Hi I'm Rone Worthen, a Spotify Music Artist. After uploading my song to Spotify I saw that my song's play engagement was 14% from the Spotify algorithm. After my song had been added to Spotify Curators Playlists I began to notice the algorithm's percentage started to decrease. My Spotify algorithm is now down to 0% for my song. Why does the Spotify algorithm punish those who get their music added to non Spotify Playlist? 

2 Replies

Hey there @RoneWorthen,

Thanks for posting to the Spotify Community! Right now, the best folks to give you an answer here are the awesome ones over at Spotify Artist Support. You can get in touch with them over at the Spotify for Artists site.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rone! I'm not really sure but i think algorithm playlist such as discover weekly and radar news are designed to add new trending music. So as the time goes by your song isn't new anymore.

On the other hand, a lower percentage doesn't necessarily means that your song is in less algorithm playlist.. it can also means that you're in the same number.. but now you are also in Editorial Playlist (which usualy means you are in more users playlist as well), so that number is equivalent to a lower percentage.

Wish i helped you!

Suggested posts