Why has Nirvana's Incesticide been removed???

Re: Why has Nirvana's Incesticide been removed???

By2TM

Yeah, on East Europe (Spain) there are missing 4 songs (Dive, Stain, Big Long Now and Aneurysm) and Been A Son, Turnaround, Molly's Lips, Son of A Gun and (New Wave) Polly have been renamed adding "BBC (etc) Session". That's why I don't like using these crappy streaming services. It is always better buying albums in physical format.

djraphael

I'm in the Nederlands too, and my favorite song in the album is removed, 'aneurysm'. Guess i need to wait until it's back.

Sampps
Gig Goer

There's 4 songs still missing from the album: 1. Dive, 3. Stain, 14. Big Long Now and 15. Aneurysm I decided to report them and see if there's some reason for this problem.

Sampps
Gig Goer

And yet again they give the basic reply back when I reported the missing songs:

Hi xxxxxx,

Thanks for reaching out. We know it's not cool that some songs on Nirvana's Incesticide were missing. Let us explain more.

We’d love to have all the world’s music, podcasts, and videos available on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions for us. We're just an email away.

Take care!

xxxxxxxxx

Spotify Customer Support

1 person liked this

Gabethegreat727

thanks for literally absolutley nothing dude

Highlighted

smashbal96
Casual Listener

If you added the whole album Incesticide to a certain playlist in the past you can still play all these songs.

xhkpw

She sold the rights to those songs years ago. 

Sampps
Gig Goer

Also, as I've looked around it seems that some competitive streaming-services actually have the full album available for streaming. So, there's something wrong with Spotify and their contract concerning this release.

1 person liked this

Philtimm

@By2TM wrote:

That's why I don't like using these crappy streaming services. It is always better buying albums in physical format.

And yet here you are, not only listening to Spotify, but feeling strongly enough to go to the forums and post! XD

1 person liked this

laidback93
Regular

This is why I never get rid of physical album copies. We're all at the mercy of the record companies, publishers, etc. 

SUGGESTED POSTS