Why is December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify?

Highlighted
4 people liked this

Why is December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify?

A2P

December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify for some reason. It shows up if it was on a playlist but is unable to be played. Why is this? 

19 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Why is December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify?

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @A2P, help's here.

If you're trying to play 'December, 1963 (Oh What A Night!)' by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, could you try this link?

spotify:track:1hQFF33xi8ruavZNyovtUN:small

It should be available in all markets. The blank version that you're seeing on a playlist may be a Local File, which could be the confusion.

Let us know if you can play the track above. If not, let us know which devices you've tried on and what connection type you're running 🙂

Thanks!

2 people liked this

funstuff234
Casual Listener

For me that preview says "This track is not available in your country" (I'm in the US). The song is also blanked out for me in playlists.

3 people liked this

brian_mansfield
Community Legend

Hey, @funstuff234, this is a great question. Here's the deal: While Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify, sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist, label or song publisher, or a change may happen in music ownership. In those situations, sometimes a particular artist or track isn't available. 

However, albums and artists get added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist, label or publisher to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

artful_dodger59
Roadie

You can't play it because they removed it. The Four Seasons are one of many groups in a law suit against Spotify! They want to be paid and rightfully so!

7 people liked this

tking2816

I would like to say that this is truly killing me. This is my boyfriends and I's song that we first kissed to. I love spotifly and I only listen to music on spotify. I even have premium so I can get the so called "full spotify experience". I am immensely distraught at the fact that I can't listen to this one song that actually causes me joy and demand something to be done about this appalling discovery. :(

1 person liked this

artful_dodger59
Roadie

Don't you get tired of Spotify giving the same lame excuse over and over. 

No Frankie Frankie

TheMajor

YouTube.

Re: No Frankie Frankie

artful_dodger59
Roadie

Apple Music lol

1 person liked this

Re: No Frankie Frankie

funstuff234
Casual Listener

It's back!