Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify?

Why is December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify?

December, 1963 by The Four Seasons is no longer on Spotify for some reason. It shows up if it was on a playlist but is unable to be played. Why is this? 

19 Replies

Hey @A2P, help's here.

If you're trying to play 'December, 1963 (Oh What A Night!)' by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, could you try this link?

spotify:track:1hQFF33xi8ruavZNyovtUN:small

It should be available in all markets. The blank version that you're seeing on a playlist may be a Local File, which could be the confusion.

Let us know if you can play the track above. If not, let us know which devices you've tried on and what connection type you're running 🙂

Thanks!

For me that preview says "This track is not available in your country" (I'm in the US). The song is also blanked out for me in playlists.

Hey, @funstuff234, this is a great question. Here's the deal: While Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify, sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist, label or song publisher, or a change may happen in music ownership. In those situations, sometimes a particular artist or track isn't available. 

However, albums and artists get added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist, label or publisher to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

You can't play it because they removed it. The Four Seasons are one of many groups in a law suit against Spotify! They want to be paid and rightfully so!

I would like to say that this is truly killing me. This is my boyfriends and I's song that we first kissed to. I love spotifly and I only listen to music on spotify. I even have premium so I can get the so called "full spotify experience". I am immensely distraught at the fact that I can't listen to this one song that actually causes me joy and demand something to be done about this appalling discovery. 😞

Don't you get tired of Spotify giving the same lame excuse over and over. 

YouTube.

Apple Music lol

It's back!

Spring Break Party LOL! It will be gone soon.

Considering this song in particular December, 1963 (Oh What A Night), we can find it in several albums / compilations and even a single on Spotify.

As already explained in some posts above, for some reasons, an album, a song, can be removed from Spotify. But in the case of famous Oldies, it's possible to still find it on another compilation.

So, it can happen to see a song greyed in a playlist because the source, album/compilation, is not there. In this case better enlarge the search before think it's not there anymore.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Soundofus wrote:

Considering this song in particular December, 1963 (Oh What A Night), we can find it in several albums / compilations and even a single on Spotify.

As already explained in some posts above, for some reasons, an album, a song, can be removed from Spotify. But in the case of famous Oldies, it's possible to still find it on another compilation.

So, it can happen to see a song greyed in a playlist because the source, album/compilation, is not there. In this case better enlarge the search before think it's not there anymore.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

Like I said, gone already, Spotify SUCKS! Plus, it's so LAME! *BLEEP* music site ever!

For more informations, read this post :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/On-Frankie-Valli-amp-The-Four-Seasons/td-p/386188...

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

...was

i added the track to my playlist and it is unplayable

@megandohertyyy

Hello there,

It seems that there is a licensing problem with the discography of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. This problem is not affecting all the countries covered by Spotify. USA is one of the countries affected.

Licensing process is not the same from a country to another. So for some artists, their catalog can be available in some countries.

I am in France and the discography of this artist is available. Here is some examples :

spotify:track:42XmAs2ZLpdEJwf4lbWLHJ:small

spotify:track:1pmsJiyJIdJMer27uDfwLc:small

spotify:track:5zTOyoj1Wt2pCHg47vSMgT:small

When this licensing issue will be fixed, the catalog will be back everywhere.

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

Sorry for the unconvenience.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

I couldn’t find it still it still says unavailable in country

Bro I had it and i was going to play it today and it was gone 😞

Aaaand it's gone again 😞

Suggested posts