Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is Discover Weekly being shuffled on mobile?

Solved!

Why is Discover Weekly being shuffled on mobile?

Is there any reason for shuffled discover, if i dont know any of the songs anyway? The problem with that is that dont have time to listen to 2h+ playlist of 30 songs and when i get back to i usually cant get back where i left-off.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @humanfactor11

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Your Discover Weekly is a selection of new songs based on your listening habits. It's expected that you'll get recommendations that you haven't previously heard. 

If you're currently on the free service, Shuffle mode is the default. However, you can still pick the songs you'd like to play in certain playlists (the ones that don't have the shuffle icon). 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there @humanfactor11

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Keep in mind that if you're a Premium user, you can listen to what you want, when you want. Select any track from a playlist or album, or play the opening track and Spotify will automatically play the remaining tracks in the order they’re listed.

If you're on the free service you can listen to any playlist via Shuffle, or select a specific track on playlists without the Shuffle icon.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator

Tnx, for replaying but that doesnt really answer the question: "Is there any reason for shuffled discover, if i dont know any of the songs anyway?". I have had premium, but i dont think this is enough reason for me to buy it, just because i dont want to miss the place where i left-off. Any other playlists besides discover weekly and relase radar be my quest, there i get it, but in order for me to listen more to spotify it would make sense to pull me in with atliest easier and more discovering so i wouldnt miss any good songs, wouldnt u say?
Marked as solution

Hey @humanfactor11

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Your Discover Weekly is a selection of new songs based on your listening habits. It's expected that you'll get recommendations that you haven't previously heard. 

If you're currently on the free service, Shuffle mode is the default. However, you can still pick the songs you'd like to play in certain playlists (the ones that don't have the shuffle icon). 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

NovyModerator

Hello! I pay for Premium Spotify and have for years, but all of the sudden I can only listen to Discover Weekly on shuffle. Is there any way to fix this? It's kind of ruining Discover Weekly for me. 

Hi there @zachsauro

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening with your Discover Weekly playlist or with other playlists as well?

On another note, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice in a row to see if that makes the difference. It sounds a bit odd, but this helps to force a sync between your device and your account. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I was in the same situation. I'm a Premium users and I really like the Discover Weekly. I was also getting frustrated when I went back to the playlist and start a new shuffle playlist meaning I was hearing some songs twice during the week, and some songs not at all. The way I got around it was to log on via my laptop and deselect the shuffle icon (This icon is not available on my mobile). Once I do that, the playlist doesn't shuffle on my mobile. 

That fixed it! Now I'm using Discover Weekly again. You rock!

If the dicsover weekly and release radar is supposed to be all unheard songs, than it make no sense in shuffling them anyway no matter premium or free. Whats worse people who lose their spot from where they listened before paused (assuming not all can listen to entire list in single go) probbly lose interest in trying to go through all songs again just to try to discover those few they missed first time. That makes shuffle hindrence and negatively effect discovering new songs. And even if with premium you can still forget to turn the shuffle off at first, and than you have to start all over again anyway.

Suggested posts