Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is Spotify removing songs?

Why is Spotify removing songs?

Since a few days, I've noticed that Spotify was removing random songs from albums and artists. I really find this weird. Some songs have 100 millions+ plays. What's the deal?

Also, here's a short playlist of songs I've found that were removed in the last couple days : https://open.spotify.com/user/fantakf/playlist/7oDLkZyjlGXtBxA7OvwUri?si=2yocQrhETySDEwb2M2EX4w

11 Replies

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

This reply is verbatim the same as one from 2014. Bs. 

Spotify doesn't removes the songs.

The artists of the songs removes them.

Some artists do not want the song to be in Spotify.

It could also get removed because of the expiration of the song's music license.

They removed my favourite song, and I think it's because it channels depression but I loved it. The song is Fake Smiles by Phora. Look at it on youtube

They removed my favourite song, and I think it's because it channels depression but I loved it. The song is Fake Smiles by Phora. Look at it on youtube

Fake Smiles.jpg

Theres a couple reasons for this. Some artists wish for their songs not be streamed on a service like Spotify. The best public example of this I can recall was Taylor Swift not allowing Spotify to stream her songs before eventually giving them the rights to do so.

Another reason can be spotify choosing to not allow certain artists on their service do to violation of conduct. Now normally this wouldn't cause an artist to be removed. They would just be removed from any spotify playlists and recommended artists. Earlier this year this happened to XXXtentacion as an example.

The last reason I can think of is that the artist you are looking for does not have a big enough name yet to garner a spotify setup. However, this is highly unlikely as I've found personal favourites of mine from my local town that are on Spotify.

Hopes this helps!

"How to drown a cloud" that song is the best and now it has been taken away form me.... I hate the hastle of going to youtube and watching a ad and then listening to the song. also i was playing another song called "Trillanation" and THERE ARE NO LYRICS ANYWHERE!!?? so i had to listen to the song over and over again so, spotify if your reading this i need you to fix your website. there is no reason to remove god songs like "keep it real", "how to drown a cloud" and the good songs from "Big L". he cant pay anymore becuase he is dead but like bruv.... 

no they don't, they remove really old songs by artists who are long dead.

KPop Artist Under Kakao Music Are No Longer Available

Hey @Chocodivine

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd love to have all the world’s music on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here. 

Have a nice day.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But Always Back Again The Old And New Released

Suggested posts