Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is my Free Version Giving me Premium Qualities?

Why is my Free Version Giving me Premium Qualities?

Hey, so I'm using Spotify both in my iPad and Android phone. Same account. However when I use it on my iPad it allows me to select any particular song from my playlist without having to put it on shuffle till I get to that particular song. I also get unlimited skips and whenever I create a brand new playlist with less than 15 songs Spotify doesn't add any more. And as far as I'm aware, the free version of Spotify doesn't normally have these perks. The ads are still there though. On the other hand, when I sign in onto my phone, everything's normal. I'm only allowed to play in shuffle (can't pick any song I want), and if I make a playlist with less than 15 songs Spotify adds their own. And I only have the normal limited number of skips per hour. So my question is, why does my iPad give me these advantages even though I only have the free version? 

19 Replies

Hi there @_Neth_

thanks for reaching out!

Could you please visit your account overview page on Spotify.com and check out your subscription status for me ?

In addition, using this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details might help as well as users often create accounts by mistake.

Waiting on your findings 🙂

Is it giving you screen advertisements? You can also get premium qualities on desktops and PCs. That is because it is giving you screen adverts and the occasional in between songs adverts. It also depends on if you are on the web player online. 

Hey there @_Neth_,

Thanks for asking about this here! 

We can confirm that even though you have the Free version, you can skip an unlimited amount of songs on the iPad. The iPad functions kinda like a Desktop device. So, there's a difference between having Spotify Free on Desktop and on an Android or iOS phone. The limitations of having a limited amount of skips and Shuffle all the time only applies to a mobile device. 

Hope this clears things up 🙂 Let us know if we can help with anything else!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@_Petya_ Oh ok, so it's normal. I was kind of afraid that I was somehow using a premium version or something. So thanks for clearing that up. 

Yeah, I still get the ads.

Hi @_Neth_,

Great to hear (read in my case) that you got the answer you were looking for 🙂 

You can now enjoy listening to your music without worries. Here are the basic differences between Premium and Free.

And in case you're in doubt if you have Premium or not, you can always check the status of the subscription of the account you're logged into, just like @OneByBoo suggested.

Happy listening!

PetyaModerator

Idk why but my iPhone is also giving me premium features such as picking a song, unlimited skips, and no ads. I have never put my credit card info into Spotify. This is a new account that I made yesterday I’m logged in from my iPhone and MacBook on the same account. on my account area it said that I have Spotify free. I know that you can have unlimited skips on MacBook, but I have unlimited skips and no ads on my iPhone and MacBook. I’m scared for them to just suddenly ask for my card info and charge me. Can you please help? 

I am getting all premium qualities like no ads (i am on a chromebook)

Strange 

The sames happening to me 

happening to me too? anyone got the answer???

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

To start with, can you follow the steps that's been provided by @OneByBoo and let us know your subscription status?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi it’s happening for me also, I’m using iPhone Spotify free version but I have access to unlimited skips, no single ads showed up and can choose any particular songs I want. I’ve double check my account and it’s Free version.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you've created your Spotify account in the last 7 or 14 days, it may be that you're seeing a feature we're currently offering to new users in certain markets, which lets you pick and play on-demand for 7 or 14 days (depending on the market), making it even easier for you to learn more about our service and discover new music and podcasts.

If your account was created prior to this period, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yea it’s like that for me too on desktop I have every premium privilege except for no ads but on my phone I have all the annoying free version things and I made my account like 6 years ago

Hey @coolton101,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

By saying that you got all Premium features on your Desktop app but not on your phone, you got us thinking that you might be logged into an account that does have Premium (on your PC). Could you please double check if you're logged into the same account on both devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

On my computer, I have a free account on the web player, but I get unlimited skips and I can play any song on demand. I have had my account for about 6 months. When I got premium and logged into my account again on my laptop, it didn't let me skip unlimited songs or play particular songs on demand and I got ads. Does anyone know what is going on?

So I'm on an android and so is my friend but he has premium stuff and I don't he made it a while ago so idk what's happening

I have a free plan on my phone too.but it still let me chose songs freely without shuffle.i still got some ads tho

Suggested posts