Why no TOOL (The band)

Solved!

Re: Why no TOOL (The band)

c7cwolf68
Casual Listener

They have released singles in the past. I'd take them in any way the band would like me to listen to them. If it were not for their release of singles to be played on radio and music TV in the first place, they would not have the choice whether to stream or not. Their singles got their entire CDs listened to. Rarely do I randomly buy an entire CD, not having heard any of it in the past. I don't buy this 'entire CD' argument I am reading here, no sense there. Tool has always been different form everyone and everything else out there. So extreme, got to love them !!!!

c7cwolf68
Casual Listener

If the article is accurate, I don't think I am missing much aside from Tool. I have several Beatles songs on a spotify playlist..

brontogeist

I did buy their vinyl. I also want to listen while I'm at the gym on my phone without having to take up storage on my phone. 

I bet this all just because of Maynards' high and might**bleep**. Whatever, it's his music. 

super_wills
Regular

To listen to Tool you have to buy the CD's from Maynard in his basement

4sr-mx12eo_ci
Casual Listener

Not Correct. Tool is in talks with Apple and Spotify to release all their albums with their new album. This explains why they were removed from Pandora recently. I can reference you Maynards twitter saying it would be "stupid" of tool not to explore streaming services.  Also Pandora has streamed Tool since they have existed until very recently. It seems like a marketing ploy, take away all streaming before the new album release to get the superfans to buy all the albums. Then when the new album is released reach all the fans within hours by letting it stream along with all their old material. Makes perfect business sense. There isnt a store that I can buy a CD for 50 miles. No joke 50 miles and I live in the suburbs. When the new album is released that means they will need to wait months until I go into town to get my money but with streaming they get my money every time I listen. 

Halfhead
Casual Listener

Why WOULD they? Is the question... If they could, they would never have sold their cds or vynal. Only a small handful of us could understand this. Tool isn't for the mainstream. It is for those who have been at rock bottom, or are there now. This is medicine, not music... And anyone wearing a tool shirt is a TOOL, as it clearly states on the shirt you are wearing.

I don't hold a grudge... It's just not as black and white as it may seem.

super_wills
Regular

So they NEVER wanted to get suckered into this "recording" stuff. Reaching a wider audience. Having it around in 2100 when no one knows what TOOL is. Forget this "recording" stuff.

Justify
Regular

Kinda of annoying that Perfect Circle is so widley avaiable on spotify but not Tool.. Always having to rely on soundcloud and youtube kinda sucks.

Reevage
Casual Listener

That sounds strange to me because the lead singer is also lead for a perfect circle and outsider, and not only are those bands on spotify, but so are their most recent albums.

lipofefeyt

My thoughts... exactly...

SUGGESTED POSTS