Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why no real Garth Brooks Songs?

Solved!

Why no real Garth Brooks Songs?

I'd really love to be able to access Garth Brooks ..... 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @MyBella, welcome to the community!

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact Garth Brooks or his label to ask when he plans to be on Spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @MyBella, welcome to the community!

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact Garth Brooks or his label to ask when he plans to be on Spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I think that's a pretty poor response. I would like to hear a better reason why my monthly subscription doesn't get me such a world renowned artist such as Garth Brooks. Spotify, you need to get your act together

You can view it as poor, if you like. But Garth Brooks refuses to let his music be played on Spotify. It's not like Spotify can play any song they want to, the artist has to agree to let it happen.

That is also why you do not find him on YouTube or other music sharing programs.

He is on Amazon Music and I really just have it as a supliment for Garth Brooks.

I don't believe amazon offers free music no? Have to have a subscription to prime? Spotify and other outlets offer free even if you pay a subscription. That's why he allows Amazon music

Amazon Prime offers a half off discount for college students, as does spotify. So if you're in school right now, you can sign up for those.

Can you get Amazon music living outside the US?

I just spent a good 20 mins looking for an answer to this and the reason I found is because he has an exclusive deal with amazon music. I think he only wanted to be on one streaming service and he likes amazon best

Garth has said in the past that the reason his music is not on iTunes nor Spotify at least last that I heard, is because he feels that his albums should be played in their entirety and does not want people picking out certain songs as then he feels that he will be missing all the great music on the album. So long story short is he doesn't want people to cherry pick different songs, but instead listen to the whole album in its entirety

What if I already own the Garth Brooks music and have it on my computer, why cant I then just put that in my Spotify library?

You should be able to, I have done so before, but it's a pain in the **bleep**. And every time you get a new device, you have to update it on that device by syncing it to your computer..

Best answer ever.

Garth the ONLY country I like ( i got a Die Antwoord tattoo 2 dats ago)

My boxset good but doesnt help me on the road. 

Garth wants you buying cds and goimg to shows.  ITS not that tricky 

I get it in canada. Never  use it but came with out prime.

Hearing garth is there im going to check on alexis.... a reason to talk to it.

Its not their fault. Garth Brooks being the ego maniac he is doesnt think that he will earn enough money by having his music on spotify or itunes for that matter. Its not like he hasnt made billions off it already.

Sad but true, @brooksian13.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Garth Brooks its one if not the biggest Country singer of all time. and you have nothing? come on Spotify, you can do that better. Garth Brooks did make so many good songs, and i know you will say the same. Hope you will listen, not to me, but also a lot of people, who wright the same thing, that Garth Brooks is missing! 🙂

He signed an exclusive deal with Walmart and with Amazon Unlimited (streaming). Maybe it made sense back before the rise of Spotify and Apple Music but I bet he feels he shots himself in the foot now. 

DJ Garth on Spotify, Brook$ & River$ Greate$t Hit$ i$ the be$t you'll get on Spotify, it'$  not a Spotify i$$ue, it'$ a Garth Brook$ I$$ue if you get my drift !!!!!!!!! It$ what make$ the world go round. 

Suggested posts