Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why was the song Antarctica by $uicideBoy$ removed?

Solved!

Why was the song Antarctica by $uicideBoy$ removed?

As soon as I heard this song I added it to my playlist but after a couple days I noticed I hadn't heard it so I checked and it was like the song never existed... I went on YouTube and it's there so I'm curious as to why it was removed

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello jonnyboy978!

Thanks for contacting the community. I'm sorry to hear about the missing song. Unfortunately, missing content is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. 

This may also be due to other reasons: that an agreement with the artist or record company has not yet been closed or that another agreement is in force or that the respective rights change hands. It can also be a regional rights issue.

If there are centain missing tracks there's nothing we can do about that.

You can find more info about missing content here.

I'm sorry for not having better news, you can also open this form and provide Spotify with feedback. 

Let me know if there's something else I can do to help you and feel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello jonnyboy978!

Thanks for contacting the community. I'm sorry to hear about the missing song. Unfortunately, missing content is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. 

This may also be due to other reasons: that an agreement with the artist or record company has not yet been closed or that another agreement is in force or that the respective rights change hands. It can also be a regional rights issue.

If there are centain missing tracks there's nothing we can do about that.

You can find more info about missing content here.

I'm sorry for not having better news, you can also open this form and provide Spotify with feedback. 

Let me know if there's something else I can do to help you and feel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

They didn't clear the Deadmau5 sample. He didn't want to sue so he asked them to take it down.

if we can not listen to the songs we like and love, whats the point of having a premium spotify account?

Hello @nazielblake!

If you can't find a certain track on Spotify, you can always download those tracks and stream them as local files on Spotify. You can find more info about that in the image below. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Local_files_twitter.png

Suggested posts