Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why won’t Spotify notify whenever there is new music from an artist I follow?

Why won’t Spotify notify whenever there is new music from an artist I follow?

Am I just dumb or does Spotify not have a system to notify users when there is new music from artists they follow? I go to notification settings and have everything setup to notify my phone and email but only get notified about upcoming concerts. It would be awesome if my $10 that I pay Spotify every month would at least freaking notify me when there is new music from the plethora of artists I follow. And listening to hip-hop there is always new tracks dropping and not getting notified is super stupid. Really Spotify? Why can’t there be a **bleep**ing page where I can see all the new music from artists I follow! You guys already notify me when a **bleep** artist I don’t even follow has a new album! 

12 Replies

Hello @davidsaldivar99

The notification settings are left out from previous versions. A while ago, Spotify started phasing out this notifications if favour of Release Radar playlist - it is a automatic playlist made for you which updates every Friday with new music from artists you follow/listen to. You should check it out. And there is a section "New Releases For You" under Browse -> Discover tab on the desktop app. It contains more of a full albums/singles you can browse and listen to.

Hope this helps.

Yeah right now Spotify doesn't offer notifications for New Releases.

They put them in the Release Radar playlis that you can find in Browse --> Discover

If you want a page to see all new releases then vote for my idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/New-Releases-Section-for-Followed-Artists/idi-p/949039

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Test.

Totally agree

I also want notifications on the phone, from spotify.

I am now spending more time in YouTube, since notifications for channel subscriptions work here and you also get notified when you are not using the app

Why doesn't spotify have a regular personal flow, like facebook, Youtube, Instagram?

If I am not inside Spotify, browsing, i will never know when there's new releases.

I guess I am sending a bit of a mixed message here, but basically I want to be notified outside the app. If the app wants me to spend more time in the app browsing it needs to have a more interesting and personalized flow. I love the YouTube suggestions in my flow, but I rarely like what spotify suggests me...

The Spotify home "page" is messy and leaves me completely blank instead of inspiring me to explore.

YouTube also works better now when you can use it as a proper music app, if you pay for yt premium.

Spotify will have a hard time competing with youtube/Google if they don't fix this...

Yeah i want notifications too, because Release Radar is broken af its full of **bleep** i will never listen to.

My fav band dropped a new single last week and it wasnt even in my Release Radar playlist..

I've been browsing through some music review sites today and realized that I've missed like 4 or 5 whole albums by artists that I love in the last few months. I'm really disappointed in Spotify for failing to tell me about these albums. I'm sure they slipped one song into the release radar (or did they? I'll never know).

I just know that over the last few years I have consistently missed albums from artists I follow. I follow hundreds, so it's infeasible that I could manually go through and check them individually.

I don't want to be forced to listen to release radar every week--I don't want some shuffled mix of new stuff! I want to know when a new album comes out and I want to listen to it from beginning to end. That shouldn't be an impossible thing to provide.

Try these instead - they will notify via email or RSS of any new releases by artists you follow:

http://www.albumreminder.com

https://muspy.com

I recommend you NotifyMe.Music

It exactly does what you asked for 🙂

Is it good enough, tho? 

I'm only interested in digital streaming releases. 

It must plug in to a platform where I am already following / subscribing to artists (yt, ig, Spotify etc). 

It's hundreds of artists, so I will not do any extra work on a new platform.

It must be fast. On youtube, the annotations happens in less than a minute after a release.

There must be no restrictions on nr of annotations per hour or per day. 

Some fridays, there could be well over 30 annotations at the same time, i. e. 9pm pt. 

Is it good enough, tho? 

I'm only interested in digital streaming releases. 

It must plug in to a platform where I am already following / subscribing to artists (yt, ig, Spotify etc). 

It's hundreds of artists, so I will not do any extra work on a new platform.

It must be fast. On youtube, the annotations happens in less than a minute after a release.

There must be no restrictions on nr of annotations per hour or per day. 

Some fridays, there could be well over 30 annotations at the same time, i. e. 9pm pt. 

So I pay spotify money still in 2021 to not even how me my “release radar”, and when I CAN find it, it contains 2 maybe 2 of the new songs from artists I follow and a bunch of other actual garbage I would never listen to in my life? How many times do I have to hit “don’t play this song/artist” on weird 8bit remixes for your algorithm to pick up on it???? Why are you a paid service if you’re not even giving people what they’re paying you for **bleep**????

I'm greatly disappointed in the current 'Release Radar' feature. It depends too heavily on whatever some AI thinks I like, not what I've said I like. All in all, Spotify's AI-recommended songs are very inaccurate and I think it's a poor business decision to rely on it more. It also creates increased negative-feedback into the model - if I listen to AI-suggested songs to see if I like them, it counts as a 'listen' and a positive feedback signal to the AI to recommend more like it. The less ways a user has to self-discover without the AI, the worse the recommendations will get.

Suggested posts