Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wondering why some bands/songs aren't on Spotify? Where can I suggest Songs/Bands/Albums

Wondering why some bands/songs aren't on Spotify? Where can I suggest Songs/Bands/Albums

Hello all,

I'm not sure if I am posting to the right area...

But I am trying to find certain albums and songs and bands on Spotify and some just aren't showing up or being updated

Off the top of my head Spotify is missing;

Veil of Maya - Matriarch (new CD)

PVRIS - PVRIS EP

Burden of a Day - OneOneThousand

Overall I'm quite happy about Spotify's music selection, but I was just wondering if there was an area I could request songs/bands/CD's in order to see them on Spotify's playlist, because I love these bands/CDs!

11 Replies

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. 

However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

I 2nd the problem of Veil of Maya's new Matriarch album. Only 3 songs are showing for play, even though the album details show there should be 12 songs. I've looked online for an explanation but I can't find any. I don't know if it's just a Spotify error or there is some sort of business issue but clarification would be appreciated.

I have this exact same problem. In fact, im sure everyone does. Customer support hasnt been helpful at all with me, I've had ti thoroughly explain the issue three times to them via email now. I pay more then is honestly necessary for Premium and really with all the bugs, what with the app always crashing or songs just not working, the bad suport, and now all this, im very fed up.

I just want to listen to this awesome CD and it doesnt seem like a hard thing to fix at all.

Hey, I forgot to mention that Spotify suctioned support finally told me that the Matriarch album wasn't available in the US, apparently. I feel like that was a bull**bleep** answer so Id shutup about it, because every other album is on apotify, and veil of maya is from the U.S. plus sumerian records is also... But they suggested I ask the record company. So I did, I emailed sumerian, and they never responded. I think if we want this change to be fixed we've gotta make some more noise about it okay, I want this album ! I pay **bleep**ing money for this service and it doesn't seem to care much for me doing so.

Yes sir, I was so pumped, I was following them and it said they released
the CD, then when I went to it, it was just the singles. Pretty **bleep**ty
really..

I definitely emailed Sumerian already, so, just gotta wait till they
finally allow them to put it up I guess...

Yeah I guess... I don't know why they wouldn't ! Every other song by veil is on spotify. And those singles were on spotify for a while before the album. So basically, spotify acknowledged that the album existed, but uploaded zero content.

There's a couple bands missing music and songs

It sucks we are paying money for it so you'd think that it would show up

Granted we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. There has to be a logical and realistic situation. I doubt it's because they don't want to or something like that.

We've waited so long and still this album isnt available, can you please try and fix this ??

Hello there,

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream.

But sometimes, due to problems of right owners, or a wish of the artist or the record label, some albums are not available  at all or partially available in some countries  or with just a few songs available.

This Matriarch album is not at all available in Canada and 3 songs only are available in other countries covered by Spotify..

A new commercial way to act, started recently by record labels, is to unveil a new album by making it available to stream song by song.

Spotify has no control over that.

The only thing you can do is to try to contact the record label and ask why they act that way.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

its more likely due to copyrights and their current owners. once a song has copyright exchangr onwership, its now business between spotify and the new owner, like it was stated before, if spotify cant reach an agreement with the new ownerof copyright of the songs, then sptofify has to remove it from the app otherwise, spotify would be violating copyright regulations.

Post malone - phuck? Like seriously? Don't like having 2 apps for music. Especially that its fairly new. Don't make me waste my money or its ciao!

Suggested posts