Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

Highlighted

Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

Julespaths
Regular

Apologies for this maybe being in the wrong area, but I'm desperate to get this fixed if possible!
I'm a brand new artist PATHS, my music is indie-electronic-pop genre, but my artist page is showing the related artists of Black metal, death metal, psycadelic death metal!!! I AM NOT METAL!!! Please please please is there anything I can do, or talk too about getting this change.  Its causing a big impact to my release campaign, Its my first release and I just wanted to get everything looking right.

If anyone can help it would be very greatly appreciated!!!
My artist page: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3Rh1ON5XnPvlI1D4FMx49g
Many Thanks, Jules

27 Replies

Re: Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey there @Julespaths, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response :)

First, congratulations on your first release. I'd suggest you use the contact form in Spotify for Artists to get in touch directly with a member of the Spotify staff that can help you more on this.

Hope this was helpful!

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Julespaths
Regular

Hi Kat, 

Thanks for replying. I have now contacted Spotify via this form maybe over 8 times now, even trying different selections to try get there attention.  I've had completely no response at all from Spotify. I really wish they would get back quick as I see this as potentionally damaging my artist profile, and grouping me in with a completely different genre, possibly meaning that I wont get on Spotify Playlists because they are tying me in with a genre that I'm very clearly not!

If anyone can help in any way, or tell me if theres anything else I can do, I'd really appreciate it!

Many Thanks

KatesHere
Community Legend
Hey again!

Could you let me know how long ago you submitted the forms?

K

K is for Kisses, Kate

Julespaths
Regular
Hi, i was used the contact form the day Also put this post up. I sent about 4 messages through the form that day. No response.
The 2nd time was when you 1st messaged me. Again i used the form about twice and still no response.
Is there any way you can help?
Many thanks

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey again @Julespaths,

There's no need re-submitting the form multiple times as it only opens new cases. As for a reply, just hang in there, since you contacted them less than a couple weeks ago, it may take some time since they have usually a huge load of cases to go through. 

K

K is for Kisses, Kate

sizter

Hi! Regarding this question,We have the same problem and Spotify doesnt answer. Did they answer or fix the problem for you?

Julespaths
Regular

Hey, I never got a response from Spotify about this issue. However as of yesterday, when I look at my Spotify profile, I dont see my 'related artists' so maybe they ended up taking it off my profile or something?  Or maybe they are making changes to the system! I dont mind if it doesnt show, I do mind that I'm being compared to Black metal, because i'm pop! 

xicoga
Casual Listener

Dear @

Why does not Spotify respond to any of our insistent claims over the years?
Why this arrogance and contempt for the artists's concerns? Are not we the artists the essense of their big business?
We are pointing out again and again an old Spotify failure that damages the image of both the artists and Spotify. We are no longer few the professional artists who suffer from the same problem of misguided "Related Artists". In this case it seems that Spotify DOES NOT delete from its database the old "canceled" albums of collaborations between artists. We know that collaborations affect "related artists". Clearly it is shown that these albums are NOT ALL ELIMINATED (not shown to the public on the Spotify platform but are visible on Google) blocking the algorithms, even if the artist is included in successful Official Playlists (with correct related Artists) and discussions of music and trends occurring around the Internet are correct in relation to related artists. Why does Spotify allows the past to condemn us in this way by generating confusion for our listeners?
No one believes anymore what Spotify says: "Spotify's related artists and radio are determined by algorithms which look at what people listen to alongside your music. "The fact is that Spotify also considers OTHER parameters that it never mentions.
We will always claim this, for the love and respect towards the artists.

Thank you for your support and time.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, and thanks @KatesHere for jumping in to lend a hand too :)

We're really sorry to hear this, @xicoga@Julespaths@sizter.

Our Artist Support folks will be the best team to help answer these questions for you. As mentioned, you can get in touch with them here if you've not yet! If you've already done this, we're sorry to hear you've not heard back so far.

Don't worry, the Artist Support team will get back to you as soon as they can. However, we would also recommend checking your junk/spam folders too. It's possible the email could have gone in there.

We really appreciate your understanding. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with here on the Community.

Best,

/M

SUGGESTED POSTS