Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

Re: Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

AnswerPlease
I have the same issue as everyone else has here.

I've found that spotify and LastFM have the same related artists which lead me to believe spotify has been pulling data from LastFM to curate related artists field.
Spotify have not responded to my many emails in regards to finding a solution for this and LastFM have no customer support as they require scrobbles to generate a related artist list.

As extremely frustrating as it is. Spotify won't answer a report for this issue.

My only solution everyone has given. Only way to fix is to make a playlist with your like sounding artists and your music. Then have it on repeat Long enough to push a change in related artists fields.

Meanwhile I'd appreciate someone just resetting the related artist list.

Austero
Regular

Hello Melody,

I found this topic because I have the same problem. Exactly the same problem. I have contacted Spotify for Artists several times and there is no answer in three weeks, whereas I would get a quick response on other topics on other occasions. 

Please let me know what can be done about it.

Thanks!

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey there @Austero, thanks for reaching out in the community :)

I'd recommend waiting a week more as it usually takes up to 4 weeks for a reply. However, in the meantime, keep an eye on your inbox and spam folders :)

Let me know if you have more questions!

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

arthee
Casual Listener

Hi,

a friend of mine unfortunately has similar trouble and no reply from Artist Support team for weeks! We figured out that the related artist in her case are pulled from Last.fm. This is ridiculous, that there is no way to fix this! She plays electro pop and trip hop and all suggested artists are some Serbian disco singers...

Austero
Regular

Hello @KatesHere,

Thank you for getting back to me and responding to my comment on here. I did wait, and it has been over a month now, without an answer, no follow up from Artists Support or anything. It is frustrating that our Artist page is only getting visits from people we promote to through social media, so they only listen to us when they visit our profile directly. We are not being recommended to anyone in our potential audience since we are not sharing Related Artists within our genre. Any new potential listeners that we could reach through recommendation is not going to happen.

I've heard creating a playlist and placing your songs in there might help. Once you do that, what's the next step? Just play it on a loop? Please let me know of any potential fixes we can do on our end here, I will greatly appreciate it. However, it is just sad how Artists Support will just not reply at all. I sent my request on October 29th. And nothing after that. 

Is there any other channel through which we can connect with support? Facebook just told me to send a request to support, since they only handle regular user inquiries.

Thanks so much.

jbdevay

I have excatly the same issue,

A song that wasn't our was linked to our profile when we started on spotify and since then, the related artist are just absolutly not right.

Even if the support from Spotify deleted the song, the related artists are still wrong.

It's like the algorythm would still continue to see it.

arthee
Casual Listener

It's been several weeks now and no response from Artist Support Team. :(

We're now trying to fix Last.fm and it's improving there after scrobbling, but still no change on Spotify (although we scrobble from Spotify...). 

I don't know how the algorithm works, but it's really a struggle for young independent artists.

senturko
Regular

I have the exact same problem. Our profile was merged with another band with the exact same name doing totally different music. Spotify seperated these two profiles but our related artists is still irrelevant and the only solution being offered is to make a playlist and distribute!!! Weird... We are a newly established and we do not have enough fans to promote the list!

Scbabcoc

I too have the same problem. I'm a singer-songwriter that plays Americana music, and yet my similar artists are all pop-punk or various electro-pop bands.

I don't know how to fix this, but would just like the related artists fixed on my page so it does not confuse the people who follow my Spotify page:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2T7RS31mcELNJfm8drXu4o?si=3TP15os9QbmEZemvlOBFfg

trappartyvol1
Casual Listener

Hey,

We are currently having the same issue with our related artist on the page not being in the same genre of music. Also, reached out, and yet to receive a reply, which is a bit concerning. The algorithm is not working correctly at all, affecting the way listeners of his genre can find him.

How can we fix this issue were having ?

@Kaseeno

*snip*

www.TeamKaseeno.com

related.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS