Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

Re: Wrong Related Artists on Artist page - can someone help quick!!!

Sidewalk-nl
Regular

Any updates on this lingering issue? We had a shared profile with other bands that carry a similar name. With help of Distrokid we're able to seperate us and create a nice profile, but the related artists still link to the genre of the bands that carry a similar name.... 

lucaswinne
Casual Listener

Hi all!

I have the same issue. I used the form today (https://artists.spotify.com/contact), you have to be logged in in order to use it, and received an answer within a few hours.

This is what they said:

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We've let the right team know that the artists in your Fans Also Like tab don't look quite right, and they're currently investigating.

Just as a heads up - it's not currently possible to manually select what appears in Fans Also Like as the feature is determined by algorithms. It uses a combination of your fans' listening habits on Spotify, and music discussions and trends happening around the internet.

We can see there's been a mix up with the data for your artist profile, so the team are working on it. It's possible that your Fans Also Like tab will disappear completely if we don't have enough of the right data to generate them for you. If this happens, they should update again as your fans listen to more music on Spotify, and as more people around the web get talking about your music.

So maybe you should try reaching out to them through the form once again.

Hope this helps!

davidgbonacho
Gig Goer

Hi Stephen,

I see you don't have related artists anymore on your artist page. How do you do it?
My related artists are so weird...
Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience!

David

Klangspot
Composer

I got the same issue. I have the same problem. For a few weeks my Realted Artists have disappeared. Before that they were correct.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/53SJovBw6wYRNkrqfccLLh?si=r0HJFz_aRD6asTJFvzGlkg

ENILSounds
Roadie

Did ypu get an answer to this question ? We are many who are having the same issues

lucaswinne
Casual Listener
Hi! Yes, I got an answer pretty fast actually. They said there was a
mistake and erased the related artists section until I acquire enough
streams to give the system data to make it again.
Well, that's what they said anyway.
But I'd rather not have a related artists section than to have one that's
way way off.
You should keep reaching out to them I think...

Good luck!

ENILSounds
Roadie
Hi

Thank you very much for your quick answer - and yes I would also prefer to have no relations if I can only have the first I was ever on a playlist with. It feels like I am stuck.

Ill reach out for Spotify team

Happy Weekend/

Line

trappartyvol1
Casual Listener
It still shows the wrong related artist.
I’ll send another email I guess.
Thanks
SUGGESTED POSTS