Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong Song title (Line-In can't edit title?)

Wrong Song title (Line-In can't edit title?)

https://line-in.spotify.com/track/5YgxNSwnMN8wo8UjLpytsw#0MnQvecFg1VbNkiFcPnsaG

This song is called 'Mi Ciudad', not 'Cuidad'.

I went to the Line-In tool to suggest an edit, but could not find a function for the title of a song.

4 Replies

Hi @timlod,

Thanks for reporting this issue. 🙂 

We are not able to directly edit this data.

There are often times when a track is misspelled or contains extra messy information. Sometimes, these problems also affect album titles or artist names. Issues like this are the responsibility of our content partners to correct, so our only recourse is to send the issue up the chain and ask the label or artist to resend the metadata. Please be patient while we build a nice interface to gather this kind of feedback and get it to the right people.

Hi,

I also found a case in which song names are switched between themselves in album Kingfisher Sky - Hallway of Dreams. 

https://line-in.spotify.com/album/31dGaLx4NNNuVRDk3JiPru:

The correct track list should be the one found at official Kingfisher Sky website

The tracks seems to be in the correct order, but some of the names are mixed up (namely 5, 6, 7 and 10). How can we report such errors while you build up a new interface? 

Hi @Lorthirk,

Thanks for joining us!

To answer to your question : in the same way. You can contact the artist one way or another and tell them that there is a little problem with metadata on this album. They will be able to send back a new version.

Hope this help!

Cheers!

Ok. I will try contact the artists themselves, hoping they will care 🙂

Suggested posts