Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong album content: Band "Kreator", Album "Phantom Antichrist"

Solved!

Wrong album content: Band "Kreator", Album "Phantom Antichrist"

Hello,

There has been some error with metadata here, since this album contains songs from another bands. Could you please fix it?

Best regards,

Iker

Captura.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ikergl

Hello:

That does not look right. 

What is your current listening region? That particular release is available in these listening regions on the Spotify service currently:

http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#0dZLH9EA4wWtvka4a3L3IC

Just to see if maybe there is another release of the same content available to you that has the correct song meta data labelling? If there is not another release of the same material available to you, there is a way to report this meta data labelling issues so it can be corrected. Check the information below.

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent Spotify an update with the correct data.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

@ikergl

Hello:

That does not look right. 

What is your current listening region? That particular release is available in these listening regions on the Spotify service currently:

http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#0dZLH9EA4wWtvka4a3L3IC

Just to see if maybe there is another release of the same content available to you that has the correct song meta data labelling? If there is not another release of the same material available to you, there is a way to report this meta data labelling issues so it can be corrected. Check the information below.

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent Spotify an update with the correct data.

Hello,

I'm listening from ES (Spain).

All listening regions in your link have the correct content for this album,
except this one:
AD BE BG CY CZ EE ES FR GB GR HU IE LI LT LU LV MC MT NL PL PT SK
spotify:album:3Ea9PGTteenj6z1qKhOCbs

This is not a different album edition; it's clearly the wrong content.

BR
Iker

@ikergl

Hello:

Yes, I noticed that particular album link from the look up service of the content available for that release.

Just out of curiosity does it play the correct content from the correct Kreator release but just having those artists labelled wrong on each song, or is the song tracks with those mislabelled songs playing the content of the artists mislabelled on the songs of that Kreator release? I am not able to test that particular release you have access to as I am in the U.S. and have access to a different release version. I can only view the content but not play the content from other listening regions.

The only way for a fix is to report the issue from the reporting information from my previous post. It has been a long while since I have seen a release with the songs having labelling issues like that. Spotify is not able to change how songs are labelled, just an FYI in case you were unaware, they have to collect the media and then report content errors like this back to each label or media provider the content comes from when issues like this come up.

I didn't realize it plays the correct content --- it's just a metadata issue.

OK, I'll report the error with the contact form.

Thanks,

Iker

@ikergl

Ah, great to read at least it is the correct music playing, get that issue reported and maybe a quick fix will be supplied by the label / media provider of the content to the Spotify service.

spotify:album:7rb1nOTUzDk53mKxnwJOch:small

The label fixed the issue!!!

🙂 🙂 😄

Suggested posts