Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong year for an album

Solved!

Wrong year for an album

Somewhere Else album made by Sally Shapiro was released in 2013 but Spotify shows 2006.Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.37.50 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it to us. 

We suggest you check out this help page and follow the steps on how to report the issue you've spotted. 

Keep in mind that different users may see different editions of Sally Shapiro's albums. This is due to the fact that content availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there! The issue has been already fixed before in a Ongoing Issues you posted before.

Please avoid duplicating threads.Screenshot (5).png

Hi,

The screenshot was take this morning and the issue is still present on my side. Anyway, I'm happy that the rest of the world gets the right year, it was my main concern.

Also, the issue was locked, I couldn't add a comment

Thank you

Hi @Musique_Perdue, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Even though we can confirm that the release year of that album was already fixed and it also shows 2013 from our end, we noticed that it still shows 2006 for your country.

No worries. We've reported this again with our Content team so they can have a look and get this fixed.

Let us know if you have questions. Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Dude, didn't you see my screenshot. It still hasn't been fixed. I'm posting this to help the community and Spotify. If you want to manage the threads, do it, I won't do it for you. On the other hand, I think it would be better to solve the issues instead of telling people what to do in the forums. Your time and efforts would certainly be more valuable.
Have a wonderful day

Still has not been fixed

Hi @Musique_Perdue !

Thanks for reaching out to the community about this. I'd like to help you!

Could you please confirm if this is the right album?

https://open.spotify.com/album/247I16lfq0j059OwEpE6EA

I can't find the album you mentioned here, just the Deluxe Edition. Is it right?
If not, please, tell me.

Anyway, you may also try cleaning the browser cache or cleaning the browser storage for the domain: https://open.spotify.com/ . This might help you resetting the data to your current browser!

Just open the developer tools > Application > Clear site data.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

No it's not deluxe version. I'm surprised that you cannot find the album.

I just took this screenshot from my phone look, the albums are listed incorrectly. You can tell that something is wrong with that album (Somewhere Else) in 2006.

Screenshot_20200228-062646.png

Hi @Musique_Perdue !

Thanks for getting back!

Weird! I'm surprised too. As you can see below, Spotify doesn't list this album for me.

list_releases.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If you notice a track or an album on Spotify isn't playing correctly, or the information (title, cover art, release date) is incorrect, you can report it to us. 

We suggest you check out this help page and follow the steps on how to report the issue you've spotted. 

Keep in mind that different users may see different editions of Sally Shapiro's albums. This is due to the fact that content availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

I see albums with the incorrect release year ALL THE TIME. There should be an easier way to report errors than what's being suggested, something you can access directly from the app. I was hoping the Report error feature under Credits would work even though release year isn't really a credit, but it doesn't actually allow you to report anything; it just links to a webpage telling artists and labels how to fix problems...

Screenshot_20220222-032926.png
Screenshot_20220222-032109.png

Hi there @yeltommo,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

For now we recommend that you follow the steps that's been provided in the Solution post by @Ivan.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Really? It seems not to be so old...

Hi there @HenryWills,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you explain a little bit more about what you mean so that we can help you in the best way if you need us to?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is me reaching out for help. Please fix the date of my release. I’ve reached out to tune core and Spotify still waiting..

Hi @MessiahJ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

In order to merge both accounts, we suggest that you get in contact with our Artist Support team. You can get in touch with them here

Remember the Community is here in case anything else comes up.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Yeah obviously not if I'm looking up this now

Suggested posts