Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Yesterday, suddenly only Turkish music Recommendations???

Yesterday, suddenly only Turkish music Recommendations???

Plan

Premium Duo

Country USA

Device

Iphone 12 Pro 

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

Suddenly, yesterday, one of my playlists only recommends Turkish albums/singers.  It is a country music playlist of all USA artists that I've been listening to and building for a couple years.  154 songs total.  Never had anything weird like this. Not one American artist is on the Recommendation list now.  None of my other playlists are doing this.  I logged out of all devices; deleted my apps; disconnected all apps; changed my password; customer service reset my account; I created a new private playlist and dragged all those (american) songs to it - and when I got done - all Turkish recommendations again.  I did this 3 times - all new playlists did it.  I just convinced my wife & kids to go to Spotify because of it's awesome algorithms.  Now I look like a fool.  

5 Replies

Hey @sporte77,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check this page and perform the steps proposed there, so we can exclude the possibility of your account being compromised?

Are you by any chance using a VPN connection to access the internet? If so, we recommend turning it off.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

First, I made some empty playlists with labels that said very bad & intimidating things to hackers.  Then, I started a private listening session.  Then, I would select “don’t play this artist” to about a dozen Turkish artists.  Then I started listening to the music I wanted to listen to.

Then I copied all my playlists over the Apple Music and restarted my subscription with them.
After about 24 hours- the Turkish music went away.

Hey,

I seem to have the same problem. Checked my recent played and it is all my songs. All my recommended playlists have so many Turkish songs.

Hey @Jtoncars

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Have you tried the steps that @Mario mentioned above, so we can be sure your account is secured? 
You can also logging out from every device - check here for more detailed steps.
Make sure you restart your device before logging back in. 

In order to prevent that happening in the future - it's a good idea to secure your account. 
Take a look on this page on how to do it. 

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please help me I have the same problem !!! Please BLOCK all Turkish songs WHY WHY WHY ??? Why am I receiving 99% Turkish music suggestions.? I live in Brooklyn NY US. 

Suggested posts