Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Top Shows aren't always your top shows

Your Top Shows aren't always your top shows

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 4a (Issue predates my switch to this device)

Operating System

Android 11 (Issue predates this system)

My Question or Issue

One of my favorite podcasts, TBGWT, got a one year Spotify exclusive deal. This podcast has a show 5 days a week and I listen to each episode. During last year's rewind it was my most listened to podcast. So how come this podcast isn't showing up under my "Your Top Shows" list? 

In fact half of my list consists of podcasts I listen to frequently and the other half is podcasts I listen to infrequently. One podcast on the list has almost two years worth of content and they post every other day. However, I only listened to three episodes in the span of 2 - 3 months.

I've reached out to Spotify Podcasts on Twitter about this and each time TBGWT would show up on my Your Top Shows list within a week and stay for less than a week before disappearing again. There have been a couple of times where it'll show up on my list without reaching out to Spotify Podcasts, but it'll only stay for less than a week.

My big issue with all this is some of the podcasts I listen to the most now became that because they were on my Your Top Shows list when I ran out of things to listen to. I wonder how many other people use that list to get hooked on shows.

Is TBGWT not showing up because they figure I'll look for it since I'm a frequent listener? Is this a glitch with this show that is driving down potential listenership? Can this be fixed?

8 Replies

Hey @NuLyfe,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

Right now that category doesn't always show the shows you listen to most, but a variety of shows that you might be interested in.

If you think this specific feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

OWorst idea ever. It gives me explicit content even with explicit content off, for podcasts I don’t listen to, I don’t follow, and don’t listen to content remotely similar. 

I can’t block it, I can’t Delete it. I can’t let me kids on Spotify because they will see the content. 

dumbest feature, second only to not allowing me to block content I dont want to see

"Your Top Shows" is a misleading heading. Call it "Suggested Shows". In that case, fewer listeners would complain...

Agreed, it's annoying. Don't want to get political but I listen to conservative podcasts, and they never show up in "Your Top Shows" (but it will show me podcasts that I haven't listened to in weeks). I don't understand why these programmers feel the need to do this. I'm just going to keep listening to what I listen to no matter how annoying it is to see them buried and having to keep searching for them. 

Hi Spotify, can you make a right click -> delete button for any of the suggested shows?

This should be fixed.

We should be able to remove a show from "your top shows" !!!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

There's two ideas - [Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen and [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen . You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the ideas for any updates regarding this.

We understand that it can feel frustrating when things don't work as it should. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve and take your feedback into consideration.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

We're going to 2024 and they did nothing about it... Really sad.
An easy solution for a big problem and they just forget.

Suggested posts