Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

audiobooks are no music!

audiobooks are no music!

until today I do not understand why Spotify treat audiobooks like music.

Several of my personal playlist, i.e. "On Repeat" contains (not removable) audiobooks chapter!? Thats weird and annoying.

Spotify, please create an own section für audiobooks with bookmarks....like podcasts.

4 Replies

A separate section for audiobooks is most definitely needed. Putting audiobooks in with music is not a sensible decision and it makes the audiobooks that Spotify do carry hard to find.

I didn't even know Spotify carried audiobooks until I stumbled across some while browsing. So if audiobooks are something that Spotify feel is a good addition to their streaming service then they should at least make it easier for people to find them by putting them together in one section.

I listened to an audio book on spotify which the author had listed as an “album” so the book was broken down in small chunks (like 4 mins). The book was 8hrs long. This has completely corrupted my stats, and there’s no way I’m going to get them out of my top spots. 

How do I remove these songs from my Spotify history/stats, I’m literally desperate ahh 

Plan

Premium

Country

Aus

Device

iPhone 

My Question or Issue

Hey everyone,

We've merged your posts in one place as they seem to be focused on a similar topic.

We appreciate all your feedback on your experiences with audio tracks that are actually not music but parts of audiobook content and you discover them within the Spotify app. As such content gets uploaded by creators, sometimes situations like this might occur. For now we can advise you to always use the Private listening option when you explore such episodes and shows and do not wish the algorithm to include it to your profile's preferences. 

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can
submit your own. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here. We’ve put together some existing ideas which we think are relevant to your feedback:

Please note that even if a suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, or it was marked as "Case Closed"  you can still add your vote and comments there and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Non-English audio-book content (German) not properly categorized as Podcast / Audio-book = still showing up on music-only filter

I was puzzled for some time why Podcasts / Audio-books invaded my music section in Spotify - with the music-only filter turned on.
I now understand that the categories music / podcasts are properly working for English content but not for foreign language content.
Therefore a lot of German audio-books are incorrectly categorized as music. I guess we can agree that this is incorrect.

Obviously I have not done an exaustive analysis but one example are the very successful radio plays for children and young people from the EUROPA record lable.
Spotify seems to have integrated their whole catalogue whichs contains hundreds of series of different genres with thousands of episodes.

Once you start listening to one of their series, the Spotify algorithm floods the music section of my account with a plethora of wrong suggestions.

However this content is incorrectly flagged as music instead of flagging them as Podcasts / Audio-books which would move them to the correct category.
If a moderator sees this below are the two audio-books seen in the screenshots that are incorrectly categorized as music.

https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/album/0nPZDC1kvyF0P2Qm2ibOTA?si=jOHuEPwLT1ugO_EH5708pg

https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/album/4R24oyyqxGkczNpqWGCXBZ?si=wgTy5GyFQpuhdaKCoB6rag

But basically everything from EUROPA needs to be moved to the podcast / audio-book section.

EUROPA is a German record label founded in 1965 and best known for their very successful children and young people radio plays, mostly available on cassette and CD.
Many adults grew up listening to those audio-books while playing or as a calming down ritual going to bed.
Originally owned by Miller International Records Company (Germany), it has since belonged to the MCA Inc. and is now owned by Sony Corporation of America.

Screenshot_20231123_124424_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts