Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

can't play song

Solved!

can't play song

Plan: Premium

Device

Huawei p30 light 

Operating System

latest Android version 

My Question or Issue

i can't play any songs by the artist Giles Corey. it works just fine playing it on mobile. but when i'm connected with my laptop it says "we can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app". saw other similar threads on this problem but none of the solutions worked for me. already uninstalled the app 2 times. liked, unliked, subscribed and unsubscribed the artist multiple times. blocked and unblocked him too! getting rather frustrated now 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Andidelacluj

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? If your PC's OS is Windows, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this issue is also happening on the web player?

Additionally, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi again @Andidelacluj,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Take your time to try those steps to check if they make the difference.

It would also be helpful if you could check that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions on your firewall and antivirus. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Andidelacluj

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? If your PC's OS is Windows, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this issue is also happening on the web player?

Additionally, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

eyyy, thanks for responding! :D. i didn't actually go trough a clean reinstall, i will try it now. the problem only occurs on the spotify app installed on my laptop(windows), most of the time i'm listening from here . i can play it on the web player on mobile/pc and on the spotify app on my phone just fine. i'll also try the rest of your suggestions. thanks a lot!! /:D
Marked as solution

Hi again @Andidelacluj,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Take your time to try those steps to check if they make the difference.

It would also be helpful if you could check that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions on your firewall and antivirus. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

it actually wored! thanks a lot for all the help! : ) 

Hey @Andidelacluj

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

Suggested posts