Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

does re-uploading a song with the same ISRC code affects plays and potential playlists?

does re-uploading a song with the same ISRC code affects plays and potential playlists?

I, unfortunately, had someone master my tracks and at the time seemed decent however now I realize the masters have hindered the quality of my songs. I want to remaster my track and re-upload it, I have done this once with no visible issues however one of my tracks now is gaining traction on release radars and playlists and I'm very concerned if I were to re-upload a remastered version of it with the same code, I am not worried that it will not link I am worried it will affect the current playlists it is on and thus future playlists. Please help my music means the world to me and I want it to be the best it possibly can when someone hears my songs.

2 Replies

Hey there,

No, normally adapting meta data in your aggregation tool (which includes replacing the track) should not affect your placement.

Especially if you're using the same ISRC code.

So basically, in your aggregation tool, go to the delivered product and you should be able to replace the audio. In some tools you would also need to make a slight change to the metadata for the tool to pick up the change. But anyway, once saved you can then redeliver to Spotify and the change should take around 24 - 48 hours.

You need a new ISRC code for any 'material changes' in the song. If, for instance, the new Mastered version is even a few seconds different, assuming you might want to change the fade and the new Mastering engineer cannot EXACTLY replicate the fade, you will need a new ISRC code. That goes for club remixes, instrumentals, 'TV' mixes, etc. I always encode each new version, IF there are even minor changes. )https://isrc.ifpi.org/en/using-isrc/when-to-assign)

Suggested posts