Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

grey tracks in playlists

grey tracks in playlists

hi, i've seen a lot of topics talking about those grey tracks but none were answering my issue. i followed a playlist that seems great but?? i can't play it all because some of the tracks are grey, so i can only listen to 5 of the 13 songs on the playlist. i'm on computer, idk if it has any importance.
i've read this answered topic that says that if you can't read tracks it's because it has been banned in your country; but the fact is that i'm from france and, if i tape the tracks of the playlist in the search bar i can easily listen to them. so i don't get it? 
it does that for the seven new playlists that i've followed of this artist and it's the first time that it does that.
i hope someone knows a way to ""repair"" it because it's gonna be tedious to remake each playlist aha.
thanks!

1 Reply

Hey @jesusleeprowler

It's true that remaking each playlist would be a nuisance... 🙂

You could open the playlist on open.spotify.com and see if they're still greyed out.

If they're not, then reinstall your Spotify client following this guide.

If they still are, then sometimes there are multiple versions of an album available on Spotify. some of the versions may be greyed out in some uncanny reasons, and maybe the playlist maker has songs from that album added to the playlist.

Hoping you'll have a good week ahead! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts