Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

lack of Kpop, Jpop music and language options

Solved!

lack of Kpop, Jpop music and language options

there are lack of Kpop songs, not just for those new released and those which like more 5 years ago (BEG, KARA, TVXQ and more)

Same goes to Jpop, espeacially for Anime OP & ED song which is my favourite.

I also notice that Spotify didn't poiant out that song is what language version, when most Kpop singer will have 2 or 3 (Some even more than that) Language version for their song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great! Sounds like all of you get your favourite songs. Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yeah, I've notived that too. As a big fan of K-Pop and J-Pop, I'm a bit upset of the lack of songs given to us.

But for example, JYPe has been rejecting putting his artists on Spotify for many years until a few weeks ago, when he finally released TWICE and SEVENTEEN's songs on Spotify. It really depends on if the managers of the artists want to release their music on a well-known AMERICAN music software.

Hey!

Sorry to hear that. Which country/region are you located? Are you using free version of Spotify?

Notice that:

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

I'm from Malaysia and I am using family plan for it
I do notice about the contract Spotify with those agencies
But my real concern is like when I can find those artists at Spotify, but I
found out that they're lack of many song's
And kpop song's usually have more than 1 version, but Spotify usually just
have one version (not Korean version)

Yeah, that's true.

TWICE had only their Japanese albums for almost a year until recently when JYPe released all their Korean songs.

Marked as solution

Great! Sounds like all of you get your favourite songs. Have a nice day!

If you want a song on Spotify you should consider reaching out to the artist via social media asking them why it's not available on Spotify. Spotify would love to add all music available but they can only do that if artist reach out to spotify to get them added.

Suggested posts