Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my new release is not having ANY algorithmic playlist stream

my new release is not having ANY algorithmic playlist stream

Hi there!
It is about my newest release, "Satie: Gymnopédie No. 1" UPC: 5054526022157.

After some days, it has a few thousand streams from independent playlists, but ZERO % from algorithmic playlists (according to Spotify for Artists). Not in the radio, not in Release radar, nothing.

This is very strange, since AT LEAST it should be in the release radar of  several hundred users. At a minimum, I would have expected 200 streams from algorithmic playlists in the first 24 hours, as usual.

Of course, I pitched the track through Spotify For Artists two weeks before release.

Any idea about why is this happening and if I can change it? 

Thanks!
Juan María Solare

4 Replies

Hey @DonSolare, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify for Artist's team here. They will take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

well; i wrote them one week ago and I am still awaiting answer. Therefore I wrote also here.

Hey @DonSolare,

Could you contact them once more using the link I provided in my last reply? If they haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours, let me know.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, yes, i contacted them through the link as well. They came back to me but the answer is far from usable. I am unsure if they understood the nature of the problem. If you are interested, the answer was:
"Checking things from our end, your release garnered 140 streams on the first day. As a heads up, songs don't show up in Release Radar if the listener has already streamed them. Also, a song doesn't have to be pitched to be eligible for Release Radar.

Our personalized playlists are made with algorithms, so the process is automated. The best way to get involved is to increase the amount of people who listen to your music on Spotify. Share your music on social media, encourage fans to share it with their friends, shout about it at your live shows. The more people who listen to your music, the more we understand about the habits of those listeners, which in turn gives us a much better understanding of the type of listener we think would love your music."

... which doesn't make much sense, since that particular track made over 10.000 streams last week, much more than other of my tracks that DO receive algorithmic playlisting.

Just that you understand my point: All other tracks I released (at least the top 50), had somewhere between 1% and 7% streams from algorithmic playlist last week. But the Satie track has zero%, not even one stream. This is a completely new situation. All my tracks until now had some streams through algorithmic playlists in the first hours, but this one has exactly zero. I could understand that is has just a few, but zero streams make me think that there is an issue somewhere. None of the usual 5 algorithmic playlists gave a single stream.

Next Friday (30th Oct) I have another release. If it gets the usual representation in algorithmic playlists, it would mean that it was only a small glitch with Satie's release. But if the upcoming release also gets zero streams from algorithmic playlists, I will start to worry deeper.
Thanks for listening to me!

Suggested posts