Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Solved!

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Device

broken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017,       the problem shows up on all three devices

Operating System

(iOS)

Issue

my recently played keeps having random albums and artists that ive never even heard of or listened to and i dont know if ive been hacked or what because i constantly remove them from the list but new ones appear every few days,

i check offline devises and i have an old iphone that i use as an ipod cuz it has an aux port and i have this iphone and a laptop so i dont think ive been hacked i just dont understand whats happening ive changed my password too and it still happens, ive also had this problem for months and i thougth it would disapate yet it has not.

also ill be listening to a playlist with my two phones in my pocket with headphones in and all the sudden it plays a very random songs i would never even dream of listening to or even heard of

the only stuff i have ever listened to or clicked on in this list is the following, Spiderman, hiphop controller, and todays top hits. all that other stuff ive never seen in my life till i opened spotify today and i go through and delete it all then new random stuff appears the next day,  

im trying to upload photos of my recently played and its not working but i litteraly cleared it yesterday and right now there are 27/30 of the list is stuff ive never seen in my life

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.47.50 AM.png
97 Replies

That happened to me a few hours ago too.  Same issue described. 

Honestly I am pretty sure my account was compromised : I use Spotify with an iPhone and while connecting my Bluetooth headphones I was notified the current source was Google Chrome web player. Another source was a Sony television. To me it is obvious someone was using my Spotify account through Google Chrome on a computer. 

Anyway I reset my password (actually a very simple one, only lower case letters) and my email password too. 

Hey there, 

We understand your concerns, and can assure you we're still investigating this. You'll be the first to know as soon as we have updates.  

@Stef31 please make sure to go through all the steps provided here on how to secure your account. Make sure to go through all the steps as there's important info there.

The above also goes for those who believe they have had their account compromised.

Thanks!

I reported the same issue here .

I'm also pretty sure that this is not a account / password related thing but I received the same advice. I did also see some of the same tracks and lists that were reported here (is anyone listening to them regularly at all?).

this has been happening for a couple of weeks now. i have the same problem as people above mentioned so im gona cut the **bleep** and just put the URI of all these weird playlists that's been appearing in my Recently Played. i really hope this get sorted out real soon because it's honestly **bleep**ing annoying.

spotify:user:psltnhqo3439cnfhp53q0mbc6:playlist:4kES1L1yWLrZf3WqalmLmI

spotify:user:eg6a7kh12fph2kivkfgc71w4e:playlist:4n8LxLIFD50VPsj2NOim6F

spotify:user:e6ha7yo7t6gll73axdtt3uuba:playlist:4NhBtls7TtZeIUZiE45uNY

spotify:user:19vq6udmtp1bb5p9gl93l7q9w:playlist:5iE4bBVO64YhxRoQbY4pAl

I've got the same thing, even after resetting my password to a completely different one!
one time, even the music stopped and another song started that was not on the playlist that i was playing at that moment!!

When i started my playlist again, after a minute it did the same thing again

I'm having the same issue. Spotify starts playing hip-hop song randomly. I've shut it down and it will start up on it's own.  Or, interrupt a song while playing another. I've seen numerous posts about this issue. The resets and clearing the cache and reinstalled work for a little bit but the problem comes back. Seems like you have a bug in your software. This is not what I'm paying for and needs to be addressed 

It is happening to me too.

My recent playlist which is Top 2018 has random music I have never played or known.

I hope this gets fixed ASAP. All I have now is listening to Jurassic Park theme on my "Top 2018".

Hi! I've been dealing with the same issue for couple days now. Everytime I opened up spotify, my account wasn't logged in and when I logged in and started to listen some music, it abruptly changed to a weird song. Sometimes the song didn't change while i was listening but on the next time when I logged in, the last song that was played was a song from the band below.

Only artist that was played on my spotify by someone else was "ClockedOutBoyz". I did some research on them and their "songs" appeared to spotify and everywhere else 11.01.2019 and they've gotten 30 000 plays on spotify even though you can't find any information of them on the internet. I googled the name and got links to shady russian sites. On youtube they've got like 5 views per each song. And by the way the songs sound like mobile phone's ringtones.

Something doesn't add up. I'm thinking that this might be somekind of a scam. 

Doubt this is related, what was paying for me is somewhat known. So far I
haven't had any issue after removing Facebook permissions.

Not actually related, but still something weird happens:

Spotify confirms several mysterious, non-existent artists racked up thousands of listens on hijacked playlists

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/mysterious-bands-rack-up-listens-on-hijacked-spotify-playlists-20...

That's it right there. I don't know why Spotify won't acknowledge this.
Disconnect FB and manually delete the songs and artists.

I'm having a similar problem where unfamiliar music is playing after a podcast I listen to. I listen to this podcast with the sleep timer set to end of episode. When I wake and look at my phone I find that an album by "Zryorc" is next in the queue. I have never heard of Zyrorc before I had this issue and now it's in my heavy rotation and is causing Spotify to recomend indie playlists, which I have no interest in. If someone knows what's going on I would like my recomended music to make sense again.

Go to your library and check the artist page. Unfollow the added artists.
Do the same with playlist.
I don't know why Spotify isn't addressing this. Someone is scamming money
from them.

We take the artificial manipulation of streaming activity on our service extremely seriously. Spotify has multiple detection measures in place monitoring consumption on the service to detect, investigate and deal with such activity. We are continuing to invest heavily in refining those processes and improving methods of detection and removal, and reducing the impact of this unacceptable activity on legitimate creators, rights holders and our users

If you have reason to believe someone's gained access to your account, we recommend you check out this article and follow the steps.

this sounds crazy :0

@user-removed wrote:

Not actually related, but still something weird happens:

Spotify confirms several mysterious, non-existent artists racked up thousands of listens on hijacked playlists

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/mysterious-bands-rack-up-listens-on-hijacked-spotify-playlists-2019-1

That article seems to talk about the exact problem I've been having (and apparently lots of you too), except that the artists are different.

Currently, what I have on my recently played that I've never heard of and are very fishy are the following artists:

BF46A291-7BC2-4AAF-B99A-1A8475BF3047.jpeg

They're all very similar and look very fake. They also have about the same number of monthly listeners and song plays, and they have 0 to 3 followers each. And all the songs in each album have the same duration.

I just wish Spotify would do something about it and, in the meantime, I wish they would give us the right to DELETE such artists from our history. It's clearly a problem and it's clearly affecting a lot of people (at least 8000, if you consider the monthly listeners on these fake ones I've mentioned).

URIs of the fishy albums that appeared to me out of nowhere:

spotify:album:4gjaQNARAPjdTTB15Pu7vb

spotify:album:5mV2MJgWePU9uiXWmCKiyu

spotify:album:48dqgGGnBFtg4cIQoMIj8p

spotify:album:1pDjPiGDfyVAcOCQQxx5d2

spotify:album:5D0T7yXLn5X0oFVoKgHnLI

There's also these 2 songs that keep appearing to me (they're not on the screenshot though as they at least come from actual artists):

spotify:album:786AngL65gEjBKaxznRVQf

spotify:album:6QDlf03Kt8HLce9E2THAkP

I also have that problem, and the only thing support made was delete my account and now even my premium subscription is gone.

Now, 2 minutes after they gave back access to my account (without premium) and after I changed all my passwords, weird music keeps appearing.

What exactly is the problem if so many people are having the same issue and there's no way to solve it?

Hi,

I'm having a simliar issue. Under my RECENTLY PLAYED section, I keep getting artists/albums/playlists pop up that I've NEVER played. I double checked with my wife and she's never played them either. 

I've logged out of all my devices, changed my spotify password, but they still keep appearing. 

Question 1: Does Spotify promote certain artists, or current movie soundtracks by putting them in my RECENTLY PLAYED list? Surely not... I've noticed that Queen Greatest Hits, A Star is Born soundtrack, Frozen Soundtrack, Lady Gaga keep appearing. 

Question 2: If for instance I've been playing a Pearl Jam album, and once it's finished music from similar artists starts playing, do those artists (let's say Kings of Leon, U2 etc) appear in my recently played? I'd expect not as I never actually played them.

Here are the URIs of the random playlists:

spotify:album:4sLtOBOzn4s3GDUv3c5oJD

spotify:album:3NPP0q7pj6EyJKQp0Pw4Ah

spotify:album:7lZs5r4oQV2nutddffLrg0

spotify:album:63SYDOduS7UPFCbRo7g9cy

spotify:album:1u03lJf75p3u2SnbgYaARX

spotify:album:4CoXEWL9s7JjKIgEWLrpOo

spotify:album:1UIoS9WbxcNNmvUGkWlfzU

spotify:album:1qwlxZTNLe1jq3b0iidlue

spotify:album:2bsK9FeKzU0jNKA6XYFP7E

spotify:album:6LY3AerY6KNGOPsNPL63Kk

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4SBhb3fqCJd

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX5D8j6p4CXZT

spotify:album:38xJ17xpXcD0IQfdIEpMXG

SPOTIFY can you please address this. If nothing else it's frustrating, but also concerning as it doens't fill me with confidence that my account is secure. 

Spotify.PNG

I had to delete the playlist and artists manually, log off every device,
change password and disconnect Facebook. Haven't had an issue since.
Spotify will say your hacked, they don't seem to care.

Hey @mogtribe.

Thanks for your questions. We'll answer them in order:

1. Spotify does not promote artists in your Recently Played. If you see any music which you don't recognise there, it is likely that someone else has gained access to your account. In that case, make sure to follow these steps.

2. Any songs or artists which are generated automatically after an album or playlist ends should not appear in your Recently Played. Recently Played only shows albums/artists/playlists that you've selected to play.

Hope that clears things up! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Suggested posts