Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Solved!

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Device

broken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017,       the problem shows up on all three devices

Operating System

(iOS)

Issue

my recently played keeps having random albums and artists that ive never even heard of or listened to and i dont know if ive been hacked or what because i constantly remove them from the list but new ones appear every few days,

i check offline devises and i have an old iphone that i use as an ipod cuz it has an aux port and i have this iphone and a laptop so i dont think ive been hacked i just dont understand whats happening ive changed my password too and it still happens, ive also had this problem for months and i thougth it would disapate yet it has not.

also ill be listening to a playlist with my two phones in my pocket with headphones in and all the sudden it plays a very random songs i would never even dream of listening to or even heard of

the only stuff i have ever listened to or clicked on in this list is the following, Spiderman, hiphop controller, and todays top hits. all that other stuff ive never seen in my life till i opened spotify today and i go through and delete it all then new random stuff appears the next day,  

im trying to upload photos of my recently played and its not working but i litteraly cleared it yesterday and right now there are 27/30 of the list is stuff ive never seen in my life

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.47.50 AM.png
97 Replies

I've also experienced this the last couple of weeks.

It would be good if there was some kind of log that showed where my account was used the last couple of hours/days or something like that.

I don't think that somebody else got access to my account, but I've logged out everywhere and changed password, will keep an eye out if it seems to be fixed.

jokkemann_0-1573824611521.png

It’s definitely not external access to my account. I’ve logged out of everything and changed the password half a dozen times. Keeps happening. 

ive already cancelled mine. I’m tired of Spotify’s stock standard response

”hi so sorry to hear about this. Have you tried logging out and resetting your password”

f%*¥%}*!!!!!!!

Be sure to check to make sure you've logged out of all other 3rd party apps.

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/privacy/revoke-access-from-3rd-party-app/

Adding onto the list of complaints regarding this issue, I too am getting weird songs recently played, liked, and following no name DJs. For example: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4WMlRrXY3AvjrzbLUTFwQV?si=6LTXmhjGRL-qT0Dj-Wqm-Q

I’m about to switch to Apple if you guys don’t fix this. Asking us to repeatedly change passwords, create a new account, or sign out everywhere is not a solution. 

The same thing just happened to me for the first time today. Opened Spotify on my computer and I have two artists and two playlists that I've never heard of in my recently played.

The artists are,

Sugar Sugar Daddy

Sun LEE

And the playlists are,

unique songs by HrBronschier

HEAT by Mannsmein

I went ahead and logged out everywhere and changed my passwords just in case. There were no unknown devices connected to my account though, all ones I've used.

This may have already been suggested as a cause, if not, I believe this issue is deliberate & partly due to Spotify's defaulting to "auto play", which is auto enabled at install and during any update, where Spotify will then start playing whatever the **bleep** it wants, highly sponsored and promoted, skewing stats & boosting revenues. **bleep** dumped onto our playlists/history, and near impossible to delete. All by design so Spotify can overstate play totals to artists and promote their greedy agenda.  Spotify is the most overrated, over promoted, sneaky BS service out there. every reinstall, install, or update I must go back in settings and change to not autoplay somehow it often persists.

....in my case, more annoying as Alexa keeps misinterpreting commands and playing crappy songs that I would never ever choose, then added to my list causing Spotify to add/suggest more songs I would never ever listen to. This whole agenda and NO REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE" beyond canned emails or twitter where you are offered the same "solutions".. required to set up a login to Facebook or twitter to even contact? unbelievable!  Usual response is reset your password logs you out  of all devices then forced to create another "unique" password. Sometimes they do this without even asking under guise of security measure, though what it really is ... they have no real resolution because they don't care about our issues.  Bogus self serve DIY "community" only choice offered, no real contact  option...and ridiculous ego-boosted "RockStars" duped into feeling important and expert in community, where ideas are scattered in so many categories they can never gain enough momentum to actually be implemented. All benefit only Spotify's income.  What a piece of **bleep** and huge disappointment. 

Not even basic music management features.  

deliberate and disguised to look like they give a **bleep** about their paying customers. they only offer single-user or family plans nothing in between totally sucks. I'm sure this will be deleted 

same **bleep** here, i see**bleep** has been reported since 2016 but no fix.
I've done the same as everyone else, logged out of everything, changed passwords, i dont facebook so thats not the issue. I only listen to rock and metal so there is no way the algorithms could put this **bleep** up for me. Ive also had frequent issues**bleep** like this autoplaying, random connections to other devices despite turning off what i can.

Im on Win10 and Android.

spotify bs.jpg

I’ve had the same problem except for the part about it playing the songs.

The songs showed up in my “most played” about half a year ago and I was a little surprised but nothing more. However recently when I checked my top songs of 2019 number two and four are from some Swedish artist named Ozzy that I don’t recognize.

I’ve logged out and reset my password and I doubt someone who has hacked me would listen to the same two songs over and over so much that it appears in my top 5 without me noticing anything else wrong.

Something strange I noticed while looking through the comments was that quite a few people said they had an IPhone 6, I recently upgraded but when this started happening I had a 6.

Yes. Beyond frustrating. Now Alexa often misunderstands and plays/adds songs I would never listen to, and they remain on recently played list on Android. When I finally chatted with rep, was told to log in on my PC to remove from recently played list.. WT?!  Must use a PC?! Of course couldn't remove that way either. 

Autoplay is default enabled when installed and sometimes after updates. So we believe music will stop when your playlist ends, but it continues  adding unwanted **bleep** as long as you are connected to internet.

Even with autoplay off, Spotify will auto add titles to short playlists. Again, WT?! No thank you.

Not a hacker, not algorithms, it's Autoplay! Spotify's sneaky, invasive marketing & revenue tool.

Appears Spotify is only interested in ADDING songs, no deleting or customer support allowed. 

Culprit may be Autoplay.  If you recently installed added. reinstalled or maybe updated Spotify on any device, Autoplay is enabled by default and will keep running and adding songs after your playlist is done and you may not realize, if you are busy, fell asleep. removed headphones or walked away, etc.

Unless you pause or stop your playlist or realize and turn off Autoplay in settings, Spotify would likely run until app is closed, internet is disconnected or device powered off. Often Spotify autostarts on PC and is running in background on most devices, though you may not be actively playing/listening. 

If you pause or stop playback, autoplay should not be adding anything.

Spotify will also sneaky add "suggested" items to short playlists without you noticing. Really annoying and intrusive when you deliberately setup a short sleep playlist and bs is added without even a prompt

Marked as solution

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If there are any, please remove the access. 

Then reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If after following these steps the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

Hi all, 

Just dropping by to add some more steps on what to do after you secure your account. 

To make sure this doesn't happen again, choose a different complex password for each separate online service that you use. Additional tips on keeping your account safe can be found here.  

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It is NOT a password issue, at least for me.

I am having the same issue. It will also just change the song completely when I'm listening to it too. I found this article and it may be a FaceBook security breach. I suggest unlinking your account with FB. I just did and we'll see. Hope it helps.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6642313/Spotify-hackers-used-access-tokens-stream-fa...

The insinuation that these problems are caused by someone's spotify account being hacked are a not credible. Who wants to hack someone's Spotify account? Then to put forth the idea that someone changed their password and were hacked again? Even less credible. 

This is a spotify problem that they don't want to acknowledge. No one is putting in time and effort to hack into your account, NOT change your password, listen to some Bos Scaggs and then split. Then come back later, brute force your account to get past your new password, listen to some more Bos Scaggs and split again.

I've found that with Spotify you just have to take what they give and that's it. They aren't going to listen to customers or make any changes based on feedback. Any problems they will blame on you, your setup or just ignore. They are money driven, which I understand, and that's about it. My guess is that they are pushing music because they are being compensated. 

I have been having the same issue. 

entire albums I've never listened to in my recently played and added to my favourites. songs are not playing on their own they only appear when I go on the app on both my phone and laptop. I logged out of all devices, changed my password etc. but no use. The only thing that seems to stop these albums and artists from being added is to block the artists. 

Another issue I have been having is that spotify randomly pauses songs and then starts playing them again with no apparent reason. I have gone through all my settings but it keeps happening on both my phone and laptop, very annoying. This is not what I am paying for. 

Hey Spotify - this is still happening and I have secured my account. I have a complex generated password. There is NO way it is hacked again or a third-party app. No, I removed these non-songs / non-artists from my recently played page but on the home page they still show up. I have no want or need to see these garbage songs/artists on my Spotify home page. 

This is a service that I pay for.  It would be nice it was in proper working order. 

2020-01-29_21-56-25.jpg

Never listened these. If necessary, ban these "artists" (scammers, I mean) - I don't want to see**bleep** in my RP list. Thank youAnnotation 2020-02-05 184937.pngAnnotation 2020-02-05 185037.pngAnnotation 2020-02-05 185137.png

Suggested posts