my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If there are any, please remove the access. 

Then reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If after following these steps the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

Emilia_8Rock Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi all, 

Just dropping by to add some more steps on what to do after you secure your account. 

To make sure this doesn't happen again, choose a different complex password for each separate online service that you use. Additional tips on keeping your account safe can be found here.  

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Regular
It is NOT a password issue, at least for me.

Visitor

I am having the same issue. It will also just change the song completely when I'm listening to it too. I found this article and it may be a FaceBook security breach. I suggest unlinking your account with FB. I just did and we'll see. Hope it helps.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6642313/Spotify-hackers-used-access-tokens-stream-fa...

Highlighted

Regular

The insinuation that these problems are caused by someone's spotify account being hacked are a not credible. Who wants to hack someone's Spotify account? Then to put forth the idea that someone changed their password and were hacked again? Even less credible. 

This is a spotify problem that they don't want to acknowledge. No one is putting in time and effort to hack into your account, NOT change your password, listen to some Bos Scaggs and then split. Then come back later, brute force your account to get past your new password, listen to some more Bos Scaggs and split again.

I've found that with Spotify you just have to take what they give and that's it. They aren't going to listen to customers or make any changes based on feedback. Any problems they will blame on you, your setup or just ignore. They are money driven, which I understand, and that's about it. My guess is that they are pushing music because they are being compensated. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I have been having the same issue. 

entire albums I've never listened to in my recently played and added to my favourites. songs are not playing on their own they only appear when I go on the app on both my phone and laptop. I logged out of all devices, changed my password etc. but no use. The only thing that seems to stop these albums and artists from being added is to block the artists. 

Another issue I have been having is that spotify randomly pauses songs and then starts playing them again with no apparent reason. I have gone through all my settings but it keeps happening on both my phone and laptop, very annoying. This is not what I am paying for. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey Spotify - this is still happening and I have secured my account. I have a complex generated password. There is NO way it is hacked again or a third-party app. No, I removed these non-songs / non-artists from my recently played page but on the home page they still show up. I have no want or need to see these garbage songs/artists on my Spotify home page. 

This is a service that I pay for.  It would be nice it was in proper working order. 

2020-01-29_21-56-25.jpg
Highlighted

Never listened these. If necessary, ban these "artists" (scammers, I mean) - I don't want to see**bleep** in my RP list. Thank youAnnotation 2020-02-05 184937.pngAnnotation 2020-02-05 185037.pngAnnotation 2020-02-05 185137.png

SUGGESTED POSTS