my recently played is full of weird stuff?

my recently played is full of weird stuff?

pringlesman35
Casual Listener

Device

broken iphone 6s i use as an ipod w my hotspot on my iphone 10XR and Mac Book Pro 2017,       the problem shows up on all three devices

Operating System

(iOS)

Issue

my recently played keeps having random albums and artists that ive never even heard of or listened to and i dont know if ive been hacked or what because i constantly remove them from the list but new ones appear every few days,

i check offline devises and i have an old iphone that i use as an ipod cuz it has an aux port and i have this iphone and a laptop so i dont think ive been hacked i just dont understand whats happening ive changed my password too and it still happens, ive also had this problem for months and i thougth it would disapate yet it has not.

also ill be listening to a playlist with my two phones in my pocket with headphones in and all the sudden it plays a very random songs i would never even dream of listening to or even heard of

the only stuff i have ever listened to or clicked on in this list is the following, Spiderman, hiphop controller, and todays top hits. all that other stuff ive never seen in my life till i opened spotify today and i go through and delete it all then new random stuff appears the next day,  

im trying to upload photos of my recently played and its not working but i litteraly cleared it yesterday and right now there are 27/30 of the list is stuff ive never seen in my life

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.48.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.47.50 AM.png
64 Replies

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Hey @pringlesman35.

Welcome to the Community. That's not cool, let's see how we can help out.

If you have reason to believe someone's gained access to your account, we recommend you check out this article and follow the steps.

One of the last steps will get you in touch with the right teams. They'll be able to help!

Let us know how you get on. If you have any other questions, we're here for you.

Take care.

Daisy Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

justgracex
Casual Listener

Same happened to me, with the same weird music.

I have an Iphone 6 too, today I wake up and spotify was playing this weird music in my phone.

Also yesterday, I was listening The Beatles and randomly changed to Andrew Turner.

Spotify.png

Hey @justgracex,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried logging out everywhere and changing your password? You can check how to log out everywhere here.

Let us know how this goes. Have a nice day.

Daisy Moderator

justgracex
Casual Listener

I dont believe is a password problem, I'm from a diferent country and the same weird music appear in my recently played. 

Hey @justgracex.

Thanks for getting back to us.

By "the same", do you mean it's the same as the music in the original poster's post (ie as can be seen in the screenshot)? If so, could you give us some examples?

Once we have this information, we will look into it further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

PeterModerator
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

justgracex
Casual Listener

Yeah, with some difference but yes. I marked in red those that are the same.

I only listened The Beatles from all that music, the rest I don't know where it came from.

spotify1.JPGspotify2.JPGspotify3.JPGspotify4.JPG

stewart1977
Casual Listener

I have had this exact problem. Same tracks appearing in my recently played. I have tried three separate times now to log out of everywhere on spotify and facebook. Reset my passwords (even using the facebook double verification log in). Diligently log out of any facebook sessions etc. But still the same weird music keeps coming up. I've looked around forums and this is happening a lot. SPOTIFY IS NOT LISTENING. They keep telling us to follow the change your password link etc. THIS IS NOT WORKING. THERE IS CLEARLY ANOTHER ISSUE ---- GET IT SORTED!

It doesn't seem to matter what device you use or what your personal settings are. I am premium (Student). I use my spotify on my phone and listen through 4 different firesticks / also on my iMac / also occassionally on my work PC.

Please can someone acknowledge there is a problem and let us know if you are looking into it.

It's obvious someone is stealing money by giving themselves fake plays.

SO ANNOYED AT THIS!!!!!!!

stewart1977
Casual Listener

Screenshot 2019-01-03 at 17.20.35.pngweird songs

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff? - Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like a lot of your recently played music doesn't match with what you've been listening to. This may have several reasons; the account is being used somewhere else, the account was used during a gathering and so on. We'll look into this and get back with updates. 

In the meantime, we suggest you hit the +VOTE button and do the following if you haven't already:

• Reset your password on your Spotify account.
  • Reset your password on the email address registered on your account.
  • Log out everywhere with these steps here.
  • Send us the URI's of the unfamiliar playlists and albums that are displayed that match the original poster's. 
  • Send us your Spotify version, device and OS. 

We'll make sure to get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks!

JemiModerator
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf
SUGGESTED POSTS