my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff?

mogtribe
Regular

Hi there,

Thanks for clearing up my questions - at least now I know that the only probably explanation of the random stuff appearing in my recently played is that my account has been hacked. 

After changing password month ago I'm still getting the same artists (Foo fighters, Lady Gaga etc) in my recently played lists. 

I've just done the following this evening:

• Manually deleted EVERYTHIGN out of my recently played list (took ages)
  • Changed Spotify password again
  • Changed password to email account that is linked to Spotify
  • Disconnected Spotify from my Google home account

I don't have a facebook account and have have not connected Spotify to any other services. 

I'll see how things go and report back if Dave Grohl and Lady Gaga won't stop harassing me. 

v-nk5rck_84m
Casual Listener

I'm having this issue too. Its randomly following rap artists. A LOT of them, so unfollowing is a pain. I'd like to listen to the daily mix and release radar, but it wouldn't be anything in my range of tastes. I see no evidence that my account has been hacked and I've hcanged my password. Problem continues. There is no way to report a bug, but this is a bug. 

v-nk5rck_84m
Casual Listener

The artist being auto-followed for me are not the same as the original poster. It is always rap music, which I never listen to. It keeps following the same rap artists.

mtnbiker8
Regular
Unfortunately, deleting all the unwanted artists and songs is the only
way. Disconnect your FB account if you have it connected.

LordoftheSith
Composer

@mtnbiker8 wrote:
Unfortunately, deleting all the unwanted artists and songs is the only
way. Disconnect your FB account if you have it connected.

Hacking of Spotify accounts is becoming a phenomena. We have associates and clients whose accounts have been compromised. Our advise to them is to keep their account separate from other social networks. For those using Spotify with Hulu, use a strong password. It helps.

mogtribe
Regular

So all was going well for two weeks. Opened up Spotify in Windows desktop app and Android phone app and found a bunch of Spotify Playlsts in my RECENTLY PLAYED that I have never listened to...

Capture.PNG

Normally it's Foo Fighters and Lady Gaga... I haven't had these before. 

@ Spotify - are you sure Spotify doens't automatically generate these? Is there a way of finding out which devices/locations are using my account? 

Surely I don't have to reset all my passwords every two weeks?

Crewmember
Casual Listener

Same problem here, had some issues months ago where people would change the songs I was listening to atm to rap. Changing passwords fixed this.

Issues came back now with spotify playing random "fake" music. that seems to be just random musical sounds or music recorded from a tv or game. I believe its just for filler.  The album art looks very convincing though, but once you skip trough them you notice its all very generic.  It really looks like someone is using my account to play random sounds and get paid. 

I broke my spotify link to facebook years ago so that shouldnt be the issue. However, spotify was still listes as an app which had acces to my spotify expired, January-2019. Which is weird because I broke that link years ago and I cannot login to spotify using Facebook myself.

Annyways here are some**bleep** URI's:  Happy banning!

spotify:album:6F5v7lpSy9OmREnrt8SWje

spotify:artist:5PlE6uNO0JZD3X5h2kH9IJ

spotify:artist:0AL1H2SZgyqkfDw9kC83ja

spotify:artist:0caiP1xfe5xnPp6WRP9nDE

spotify:artist:5E7MLMWaSiiZzeUFttqvkD

spotify:artist:0E7PIWLgPvjYgJkl0yXSfm

spotify:album:4kgEY2syoHTPKXnL0qIarf

spotify:album:7wRu8v0p8niz9eUoKDHBCf

spotify:album:6F5Fa3IuYV8ueFDmOG7ukg

spotify:album:0QGukjg9ypTBk7tNPMwnUH

spotify:album:57x7LyzNE5pPNFCH5MESAY

spotify:album:6bJQ2KwkXrGtDQ4hv2lc5v

spotify:album:2iJScgvai1O32Vx9GvBuRM

spotify:artist:0TKUGIS79TNn0mkhI1YXCQ

spotify:album:4vzCKwfS0CbPrcnW2tQ6ST

spotify:album:5yyoXFBVXBcK8A6ap3ytQ9

Unrooted Galaxy S9, 2x Windows 10 PC. Both recently reinstalled.

twk1

Wow good to know I'm not the only one facing this!?

I've have changed my password, and revoked access to all apps. And signed out of all devices. And its still happening!!!

Do I get a refund for this months premium subscription? Because I cant listen to my songs anymore!

Onedrive link to issue below:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqXey0bfZOSSnLQujwmldIr_d5GwVw

mogtribe
Regular

Hi Spotify,

Can you PLEASE look into why I keep getting random things in my Recently Played list?

I've changed my password again, for both my Spotify account and linked email account, but I'm 100% confident that my email hasn't been hacked. I've got two factor authentication on my email, and if it really did get hacked then I'd be very surprised if the only thing the hackers did was to use my Spotify account ot listen to Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga and the Trolls soundtrack. 

You should at least be able to tell me where and when peope other than myself are accessing my account. 

Please contact me about this. 

PLKTIME
Casual Listener

Sorry I'm new to this(made a community account just for this issue), I can't find a comment/add post button so im replying to this. I've already reset my password, but my recently played keeps popping up this "Artomonski6-Artomonski63" playlist with a bunch of songs that have the same titles with different numbers. Please look into this playlist. 

SUGGESTED POSTS