my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Rising Star 9 caroejohnson
Rising Star 9

Hmmm that’s strange. I would suggest changing your password. To do so, you go to spotify.com on your computer and go to account settings. 

caroejohnsonRising Star 9
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

PLKTIME
Casual Listener

I've already tried resetting my password and sign out everywhere. Its still showing up random stuff on my recently played. Do I have to make a whole new account to avoid this, im really paranoid about ppl stealing my account info. Really wish they would do something to address this instead of just keep telling everyone to reset their password. 

https://gyazo.com/33f392e506178c1f1d3bb21bef1b6967

spotify:playlist:0G7gcW1J6aXMgxs0hF700Y

the playlist i mentioned previously 

Ive never listened to any of these artist or even know who they are. 

Rising Star 9 caroejohnson
Rising Star 9

I agree that that is really frustrating. I just wanted to start with the solution and make sure. I believe that there is a way to delete your recently played. I know that that doesn’t exactly help with the issue, but at least it will get rid of that. This would be a lot of effort to do, but you could try making a new account and just following your old playlists from your other account so you would still have access to them. I hope this helps! 

caroejohnsonRising Star 9
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

mtnbiker8
Regular
You have to delete the songs and artists, manually and unfollow It's a
pain in the **bleep** but it will eventually work.

mogtribe
Regular

Being able to delte your recently played aside, if you've never played a particular song/artist/album then it should NEVER appear in your recently played - simple. 

I was on chat support to Spotify two days ago, they secured my account, changed password again (there's only so many times you can change a password to prove that it's not a password issue), but straight away more random stuff came up. 

Time for a new Spotify account. 

mtnbiker8
Regular
Spotify has a problem they don't want to admit to. Someone is getting the
money for all the extra plays.

PLKTIME
Casual Listener

As much as I want to make a new account I'm not sure if I want to go through with this problem if it happens again and get told to just keep resetting my password

JadenKF
Music Fan

MusicMan81
Regular

this happening to us, this guy is racking up thousands of plays using this exploit his plays were at <1000 yesterday and now:

SPotify help just rolls out the same..change your password etc..which we have obviously all done and changed password to linked email account..checked for malware etc etc it is clearly an exploit that they cant seem to stop!

I have reached out to a bunch of tech news sites who are following up with this, might actually make Spotify sort it out...

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6zcfeMwPq5eSBGnFRPCyRL?si=uGepVfOfSXaAAM_YgNw6gA

JediGarry

This has been happening to me for about 3 months now and getting soooo annoying. There also seems to be little to no word from Spotify on acknowledging the problem, let alone trying to fix it.

Basically, every time I open the Spotify app on my Mac, on the "Home" screen, the section at the top "Recently played" is full of artists and songs I've never heard of let alone played. There isn't a way of removing them from this section but when going into the actual "Recently Played" section under "YOUR LIBRARY" you can right-click and select "Remove from Recently Played" which you think solves the problem but it doesn't as the recently played section on the Home screen doesn't update.

Steps I've taken:

1. Deleted my local cache
  2. Made sure I wasn't signed into Facebook (I wasn't)
  3. Signed out of app
  4. Completely removed/deleted it from my Mac
  5. Signed in to the site and changed my password
  6. Downloaded the app
  7. Installed and signed back in
  8. Witness the still epic fail as all the random nonsense returns in the recently played section on the Home screen

Seeing as there was nothing on my Mac's local history, the recently played data must be coming from Spotify's end somewhere so not sure if it's cached on their servers or tied to users account history?

Either way, it's a problem that needs fixing. Will give it another few days of trying stuff and waiting to hear from Spotify and it nothing happens I'm off to Apple.

SUGGESTED POSTS