my recently played is full of weird stuff?

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff?

paigezobo

I am also experiencing this and have been for the last week. Really weird seeing random one song albums appearing in my Recently Played.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 21.30.54.png

I have reset my password as I'm concerned someone has got into my account. Hoping it's just a bug, but for sure wish it would stop!

Octamania
Casual Listener

Hey, paigezobo !

I had a chat with the Spotify-people and they secured my account and cleansed it.

You can start a chat with them here: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

My "recently played" is back to normal now. I'll come back here if something changes.

We also found a way to remove recently played songs, but this only work on the desktop app.

1ee5f50d7f59740eb142a8419a428cd2[1].png

Octamania
Casual Listener
Hi, PremiumPirate!
If you read my post it says that my issue was resolved.

Have you experienced these problems aswell? Did you try chatting with them?
Why not atleast try another music-service.
Suggesting to pirating isn't the way to go.

brento73
Visitor

I read somewhere(I don't recall where, I've spent much of the afernoon researching this issue) that disconnecting your Spotify account from your Facebook account resolved the issue for one poster. I've done this, but time will tell if it works or not.

That said, this is clearly a systemic issue. This isn't about one person's account being hacked, or people needing to change their password. There is something wrong with how Spotify records, stores, and/or compiles these 'Recently Played' lists. 

To put is another: Spotify, buddy.... you are PAYING people money for plays they didn't get. They are STEALING YOUR MONEY. 

I feel like, perhaps, that will drive home what's really happening here. And, if that's not enough, they're driving away paying customers, which is yet more money lost.

Lumakiri
Visitor

I'm having the same issues and I've reset my password and signed out of everywhere. Every single song has the same stock art album cover and text slapped on. It's bizarre.

spotify:album:7uB4xN4mFRsnUKN3MTetQs

spotify:playlist:3eYwI8x1jajWFJNE70teD1

spotify:album:1qxoAYipEw5bnFqPDAc4Yf

spotify:album:0qEP5EyU7BX9hFxC4jXdof

spotify:album:1FJFpxB1qp9Fu3IjnWyIO4

spotify:album:0t4jyrC2rSkakNbMH2fULb

spotify:album:3re4gnQ9V7DOTYvZtixvz8

spotify:album:4zQedYPlzTsXHGUsKDdFZG

spotify:album:3p52GP73vQ2BlG9rzzyBXe

spotify.png

Re: my recently played is full of weird stuff? - Status changed to: Under investigation

cherylcxj
Casual Listener

im facing the same problem too! never had this until i logged in via my laptop.

Please help!

Crystalheroine
Casual Listener

Update since I first complained about this issue. It's been a few weeks since my last password and log out of all devices, the fifth try since this started, and I haven't noticed this problem since. Will update if happens again.

cherylcxj
Casual Listener

yeah i have also changed my PW and logged out of all devices. still gotta monitor... 

thanks! 

rawatson27
Visitor

Same happening here. Changed my password, logged out of everything (including FB) - and it is still happening! I get we can delete the playlists from "recently played" but the random **bleep** pops up on my home page and under recent artists...can't delete it from there.

What is happening. I pay $15 a month for this and this is what we are getting? Some rando **bleep**.

Benvo81
Casual Listener

I’m done with Spotify. These constant responses telling me to reset my password. I’ve done it 6 times and they still repeat the same nonsense. 

cancelling today and off to Apple. Jokers. 

SUGGESTED POSTS