Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

notice of removal of your edited content - ... for months now

Solved!

notice of removal of your edited content - ... for months now

Country
Germany

My playlist is getting reported over 10 times a day for over two months now. Everytime it was reported i recieve an email that says: "notice of removal of your edited content". Spotify should know about this case. When the playlist gets reported, the title, image and description gets removed automatically. Spotify is not checking the case in any way! I already tried to change the title, image and description without any success. I am very disappointed of Spotify. I already contacted the support multiple times but all i receive are consolations..

Spotify, do something about that!!!!!

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-07 at 11.04.41.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We totally understand where you're coming from and how upsetting this can be. As for now we suggest you check out the live idea that @Alex shared and leave your vote. You can find the link here.

If you have any more questions, let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hey @Marlon1996,

Thanks for reporting this. Sorry to hear that this has been happening to you.

We have a live idea about this here and we suggest leaving a +Vote to support the idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,
thank you! The idea doesn't seem to be very relevant for Spotify. It is one year old now without any change. Hopefuly spotify will do something about that, it is more than annyoing! I already thought about changing the provider...

Hey @Marlon1996,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand you're frustrated with receiving reports about your edited content. 

The right teams at Spotify are aware of this issue and are working on it. We don't have any info regarding an official date for a resolution though.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there, 

I have the same issue on my playlists as well. Thumb, Title and Description was taken down over 20 times over the last two month. Spotify doesn't answer to any of my complaints. This is really being a serious problem, because the reporting system is obviously abused here. 

I'm really frustrated that the support is not reaching back to me, nor the issue is handle appropriately when I write customer or artist support here. 

So where is the solution?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-26 um 04.44.58.png

Hi there @edyedy,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

We understand that this can feel frustrating.

As for now we suggest that you head over to the idea that's mentioned above and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same issue. I have contacted both Spotify support and Spotify for Artists support multiple times without a reply from either. It is frustrating since they specifically state that cases can be appealed but then apparently do not look into the appeals.

Hi, this same issue is happening to me.

It is just with one of my playlists and it happens to be the one that has over 4000 followers. It's quite annoying to receive absolutely no help or feedback, particularly when this has clearly been an issue for months if not longer. If it is a reporting system issue, I find this weird because I removed the playlist from my profile then changed the name and received an email 2 minutes later saying it had been reported. I doubt someone is sitting there watching my playlist waiting to report me so surely this is a more technical issue? Would love some advice on what to do about this as I've received no replies to my emails concerning the issue.

I´m going through the same, i keep getting some of my Playlists reported by someone. I´ve sent 4 or 5 emails to **bleep** and no answer. The cover of the playlist is the default by the system. Someone needs to do something about this, its getting very annoying and i´m considering cancelling my subscription to Spotify because of this. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We totally understand where you're coming from and how upsetting this can be. As for now we suggest you check out the live idea that @Alex shared and leave your vote. You can find the link here.

If you have any more questions, let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same problem 😞

My playlist is still getting reported seconds after i replaced the title and image. It is so frustrating!

Where is the solution? I can´t see it anywhere

I have the same problem

This just happened to me.  My playlist is named "Work Motivation Mix" with a description that simply listed the genres and hours.  The cover image was man doing the air guitar and text I overlaid.  The playlist has existed for around 6 years, but tonight I received the email "Notice of removal of your edited content."  They said it "has been reported as including inappropriate or offensive content and violates our Profile and Playlist Image Guidelines."   It absolutely does not violate any guidelines.  It's ridiculous that someone can report it and have it automatically unnamed, image removed, and description deleted without ANY review process.  This playlist has 1,348 followers and is the one I use the most.  And yet, there are hundreds of songs (and cover art from artists) that are explicit and not labeled as such, but Spotify makes it hard to report them... If I am lucky enough to find a way to report those, it's rare that they act on it.  And yet, they pick on me for a playlist that has nothing offensive or in violation of terms and automatically take action on someone's report.  

Spotify, it's absolutely ridiculous to take action against a paying premium customer without cause!

My playlist title, description, and image are deleted regularly, but I don't know the exact reason. I answer the `Notice of removal of your edited content` email but never get any reply back. It is quite annoying. Someone attacks my playlists and I can't do anything.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

As mentioned above - we recommend that you head over to this idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same problem. My playlist with over 7k listeners is being reported non-stop. It's clearly by one individual since it's always a while after I've tried to edit it again. I've made this into a hobby. Seeing people happy listening to playlists I've created has been the best. Now that's pretty much gone. Spotify really let me down with this one. They need to fix this because it's an abuse of the reporting system.

Agreed! My playlist with 6k plus is losing followers daily! I worked really hard on it, and the title/etc is objectively inoffensive (Quiet Reading Music and a picture of a reading nook...). What is going on?? Has spotify done anything to actually help the affected users, or just directing us to click an upvote on a live idea lol. Can you at least connect with the people who have posted here to resolve their issues??

I got the exact same issue and I don't know what to do about this. Is there no solution for this?

Suggested posts