Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"My Body is a Cage" only exists on website

"My Body is a Cage" only exists on website

I asked my wife for suggestions on a playlist I'm shaping and she pointed out Peter Gabriel's amazing, Johnny Cash-esque cover of Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage".

The problem is I can't find the song (or the album) in the PC software nor the iPhone app.  Apparently it only exists on the Spotify website (https://open.spotify.com/track/0iBMvBVnt4kxYzQmCjAUP5), but it doesn't play for me there either because all the controls are greyed out.

Two questions:

Is it supposed to be playable?  (Licensing, metadata, bad import/upload, etc.)

If not, is there an avenue I can request this song/album be made available?  Like, can users send an email or otherwise vote on songs to draw Spotify's attention or some such?

Thanks!

-Michael

3 Replies

Hey @erisian

I can confirm that this is also affecting me, i cannot play the song/album via the web player nor the desktop client. The artists/record label might be having a few issues with Spotify with their license agreement, thus meaning that we are unable to play this song/album. 

Can you please confirm which country you are from? As some countries have more restrictions than others.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I'm from/in the United States.

I guess I was most surprised because Peter Gabriel has an extensive catalog of music on Spotify.  The show House (S7E16) made this song particularly poignant, so I hoping it's an "oops, let's flip that switch in the database" type of issue.  Usually not, I'm sure, but there's always hope.  🙂

And thanks for confirming it's not just on my end!

-Michael

Hello @erisian and welcome to the community,

Unfortunately, the track you talk about "My Body In A cage", is actually only available in Canada.

How it works for music available on Spotify :

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and/or their labels.

Songs missing can be by decision of the artist and/or their label or because licensing problems. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another, then it can happen sometimes to have music available in some countries and not in some others. When it's a licensing problem, the music is usually back when the problem is fixed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream and works hard daily to convice artists and their labels to have all their catalog available.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts