Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"New Releases" old content

Solved!

"New Releases" old content

Hi there.
I have a question (couldn't pinpoint something regarding this while searching through the forum, so sorry if this was asked before). Why does the "New Releases", from the "Browse" section, show oldie albums and really no recent albums, at least from known artists (let's say, top of my mind, the new albums from Lady Gaga or Drake, as well as others)? In 2020, the only one that appears is a Bad Bunny album and then it goes on to 2019, 2018 and stops there.

I somehow get the point that, since there are many artists and such, it would be hard putting all of them there, but I saw on Apple Music that they usually put up on "Upcoming Releases" (I guess they too have a "New Releases" or something) albums from well-known artists.

Don't know if I made myself clear, but thanks in advance!

Spotify Premium, Romania

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I was able to find this thread which has many comments and suggestions regarding the same matter.

Let me know if you find anything relevant in there.

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I was able to find this thread which has many comments and suggestions regarding the same matter.

Let me know if you find anything relevant in there.

Keep me posted 🙂

Thanks for the thread! Taken from the conversation, there seems to be no way for "fixing" my current issue. As the OP from the thread mentions, even though there is a Release Radar, or the New Music Friday playlist, the way Spotify shows new albums/EPs in the New Releases section is kinda bad, as it just shows something you might like, instead of showing new albums from popular artists or something like that. 

Didn't gather the information if this is something that is going to be added in the future, or is just not possible (even though I don't see why), but at least it's not something that can be fixed by me. Perhaps this should be taken more as a suggestion or feature request, since, at the current state of that section, is either plain useless or simply not good. 

Thanks again for the thread and hope this will be added/fixed/considered in the future!

Suggested posts